Monday, November 13, 2006

Back to normal.

Aaah, today was a hell of a lot better than all the stress of my weekend, though this post has been rolled back several hours as my day ran out of time and I'm still not finished with everything I feel I need to do. Anyway, to start at the beginning - I went into university early to get some law reading done. I managed to finish both the public law and contract chapters I had to read, so once again I was up to date in the textbook. Note the past tense. I then had my actual contract lecture, and the lecturer managed to finish his topics on time, adding another chapter for me to read, before announcing that starting tomorrow we'd have a different lecturer for the rest of the term. Fair enough then. Of course the addition of another chapter to read wasn't exactly beneficial to my scheduling, but meh. After the lecture I went into Brighton, bought another Mirrodin booster box and entirely failed to get a Platinum Angel. I have therefore given up on booster boxes, and won't be buying any for 'a while'. However I'm still trying to find them, disregarding eBay, so I may end up getting one or two through trades. That'd be nice. I also bought a card folder, more deck protector slips and another triple deck box. They're handy to have. I do however need more card boxes to hold the 1000-ish Mirrodin cards I now have. I also need to sort out through the box I bought today but simply haven't had the time yet.

After my shopping trip in Brighton I came home, freshened up, then went out to Eastbourne to walk around the stores. Unfortunately one of the two stores I wanted to go to was shut, so I couldn't exactly check it out. Damn eh? The second store, Primark, was bigger than I expected. It was also messier, though that was due to the other customers who seemed to have an obsessive desire to pick clothing up, barely glance at it, then throw it back instead of putting it back onto the rails. How considerate of them. After that I hung around for a while, meeting one of the buffet-mates in Games Workshop, and eventually went next door to the pub to meet up with the second mate. A few games of Magic the Gathering followed, and one game resulted in a complete loss for me. Annoyingly I got totally mana screwed, and only having three mana for essentially the whole game was a bit of a let down. However in the rematch I slaughtered him. Excellent stuff. I also played another game against him later, with my altered artifact deck, and won as the match had to end early. He was on 18 life, I was nearly at 60. How handy.

Between the MtG games my girlfriend turned up and it was great seeing her again. We all had the buffet together which was also quite nice. It looked like it'd be a good snack for the full seven people, but as there were only four of us it was a pretty damn good meal. It certainly filled me up at any rate. having 50% off drinks thanks to cards we have was also quite handy. Once the meal had been eaten my munchkin pal continued his campaign, and we managed to get an adventuring job and leave the city. For some reason it took a long time, presumably as we all kept joking around which derailed him quite often. Eventually however my girlfriend had to go home, which wasn't all that enjoyable, but I'll be seeing her tomorrow after uni. I'm making an effort to see her a lot since it makes me really happy, and gets rid of a lot of my stress. Cuddling her simply makes me feel content instead of feeling the usual crushing pressure.

When I got home, after the later MtG games, I had a lot to do. I updated the forum, sent the SWARM emails out for my campaign and a few other notes, made the new zombie campaign poster and put all my rares into the card folder I bought, ready for wednesday so people can actually easily look through my cards. After all that was done it was getting pretty late. By late I mean 'past midnight'. How inconvenient. Regardless of the time I continued with everything I usually do on a monday now, most notably watching anime. I managed to get through the final two episodes of Kemonozume, Bleach, Naruto, the Kashimashi OVA, Kiba, Welcome to the NHK, two episodes of Tsubasa Chronicle, two episodes of Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori, The Gargoyle of the Yoshinagas, Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, Black Blood Brothers, Asatte no Houkou, Negima, Tokimeki Memorial and Chevalier. 18 episodes once again.

Kemonozume had a good ending in my opinion, and Ooba or however you spell his name was a rather interesting freak. Bleach was not too bad and the animation looked better than the recent few episodes. Naruto again was slightly better, though still filler. It also had some of the most blatant and unstealthy ninjas I've seen in that show. Shame on them. Kashimashi took away the ambiguous ending to the series, so it provided good closure. Kiba had more good fighting, Welcome to the NHK had the joy of multi-level marketing tricking them all, Tsubasa Chronicle had the planar explorers (still...) fighting the dude with god-like powers and Jigoku had more interesting people sent to hell, though one seemed to find it funny. In Yoshinagas the little blond girl essentially got a proper family, Otome had the guy-posing-as-a-girl winning the main election and in Black Blood Brothers at the end Cain the Blue Wolf lived up to his name with a transformation. It was cool. The brother seemed to be fully coming to terms with the situation in Asatte no Houkou, and similarly in Negima more girls were becoming accustomed to Negi being a mage, most notably Nodoka. Tokimeki Memorial had the poor main guy runnng around, again, but it seemes like he's really found a girl he likes. Good for him. Lastly in Chevalier there was more plotting and attempted assassinations. That about wraps it up for the anime I watched then.

I still have an update for Crescent Love to watch, but I won't watch that today as it's so late it counts as early. I still have 14 pages of contract law to read, so now I've written all this I guess I better try and read some of it before I collapse. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home