Friday, November 10, 2006

More cards.

Hmm. The past half hour has been marred by frustration at Blogger. I tried the new beta layout, and couldn't work out how to get my banner back at all. After a fair bit of frustration I switched back to the classic template. Meh. Anyway, onto my day. It started well as I popped into Dave's Comics in Brighton first and picked up the All Flesh Must Be Eaten RPG core rule book. Though I have it in .pdf I wanted a hard copy for ease of transport and simply so I can flick through it. It'll also help people in my campaign as they'll be able to look through it without needing my laptop. I then went into David's Books and bought a Mirrodin booster box for £25 (compared to the other sets' booster boxes which were £60... Maybe Mirrodin isn't a popular set or something?) in the hopes of getting a particular card. Unfortunately I didn't, but I did get a feckload of artifacts quite understandably. I guess I'll make an artifact deck or two. It'll be interesting to see if a golem deck will work or if it'll simply be too expensive. After that I went into daydream Nations (I think that's what the store is called) and bought another 200 deck protector card sleeves and a tri-deck box with a nifty dark red undead design. Once all that was done I quickly went to uni to meet up with my munchkin mate who lives on campus. I played a few games of MtG with him, testing out my new burn deck and I even played my Fun With Fungus deck for the hell of it. I won three out of the four games, and the FwF deck flattened him. It was rather entertaining.

The lecture itself wasn't too bad. There wasn't much progress as there were quite a few cases the lecturer had to talk through, but as tort is the only subject I'm actually ahead in as far as text book reading is concerned, I actually knew of the cases when he started talking about them. Though I'm terrible with name I remember the details pretty well, so it was nice actually knowing what he was going to say next. Once the lecture was over I went straight home as I didn't really feel like doing anything else. On the way home I felt a bit low for no reason at all, which was annoying afterwards, and so the walk home from the train station sucked a fair amount. I soon perked up however as I treated my dad and step mum to a meal out, and simply being somewhere else made me feel a lot better. After the meal when I arrived back home I started sorting through the Mirrodin cards again. I'd already gone through them before I played the MtG games earlier in the day, but sorting through them again allowed me to seperate them according to colour, artifact type, rares and notable cards I wanted for other decks. I also picked out a bunch of cards for a potential new deck, though it needs a lot of work and I'll probably end up putting a fair amount of Time Spiral cards in. I think I now know why Mirrodin is cheaper than the other sets. The rares are rather good indeed, but aside from the equipment and spellbombs there isn't really anything overly impressive in the set. true, the Myrs are funny, but aside from provide mana for the most part they don't do much. Many of the creatures are hideously expensive too. I console myself with the rares, equipment and artifact lands. They're all rather cool and Imay end up building a red/black/artifact equip deck. It's interesting to think what cards I could add in from Time Spiral. I could take apart the white/green/red sliver deck I've never used to make a green/red/artifact equip deck and go for big creatures, equipment to make them bigger, and red spells to clear the opponent's field. It's an interesting theory, though questionable as to how well it'd work in practice.

At any rate it's getting late and I still need to read a bit of law, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home