Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Interesting advancement.

This morning I went in to university early but didn't get anything done as I didn't feel all that awake to be honest. The seminar went fine, though as I was tired the beginning was a bit hard to follow, especially as I was the first one to be asked a question. After that though I did a very, very small amount of work then went to the common room and hung around whilst surfing the net on my laptop. It wasn't exactly the most eventful day I'd had by then, but meh. Eventually a mate turned up but I had to go to my lecture. Once back from that I started to play Magic the Gathering. I didn't win, but got close in the main four player game I was in. Had I got either a Deathspore Thallid or Dread return I would have been laughing. Ah well. The zombies campaign went well, and I'm still quite pleased that everyone (as far as I can tell) is enjoying it. There's a lot more going on, with more fighting with each other over small problems and so forth. Essentially there's a lot more role playing going on, more fights, and people are actually playing their characters as gradually getting emotionally strained. Aside from one guy that is, his character is autistic and has practically gone insane. That, added with the autism, means that his inter-character relations aren't exactly brilliant. Next week I'll probably add the next type of 'zombie' or even the next two. There was a chance for them to appear this week, but luckily (for the characters) they didn't roll the right numbers for this to happen. Much hilarity would have been had by me if they had turned up.

Dungeons and Dragons went relatively well too. Though I was standing next to the villain when he 'died' I wasn't able to grab his sword. For a start the guy stood up, started his classic evil speech, stuttered, then exploded. Looks like his sword had a side effect. Regardless I still wanted it, but the dwarf paladin grabbed it first. Well, bugger. That wasn't pleasing at the time. On the way out I ran past the assassin vine again whilst the others went and killed it. Like hell I'm willingly going to fight something I'd managed to run past before. That way I stay alive far longer. When we fully exited the giant dead-ish tree thing the half-orc barbarian and myself managed to safely avoid the giant spider. The paladin was, however, not quite so fast, and the barbarian stayed behind to help him. The rest of the group decided to go back to town since it was practical. As such, the ridiculously huge spider utterly wiped the floor with the paladin and barbarian, and only didn't kill them as they ran off without having done anything to it. Silly people... That's why running is always a viable option. In town I managed to get one of the magic rings we'd obtained, and which my diabolus is now wearing, identified though it won't be till next week till I find out what it is. I also decided to go for some ranks in craft and got a mentor for the skill. In a week's worth of training I'll have a rather nifty masterwork two-ended sword for slightly cheaper than it's normal cost. Sweet. I also managed to grab the slightly shiny black sword the villain didn't need anymore (as he'd exploded) and so that made me happy. From what I can tell it made the Paladin dislike me even more. Meh, I have the sword, I'm happy.

When I got home I was going to do some law work, but the remaining cases I need are all pretty old, so I need to find the hard copies of them in the library tomorrow and photocopy them, as well as finding the hard copy references for the current cases I have. With luck my free time tomorrow afternoon from 4 pm should allow me to get a fair bit of it written. I'll be aiming for around 75% to 90% completed tomorrow, which means I can finish it off either over the weekend after I get home, or on monday. On monday I do need to do research for the case note and second essay. With more luck I'll get all the case note research done on monday, allowing me to start writing it on either tuesday or thursday, as well as starting the research for the second essay on thursday. It's all good to have it planned, I just hope I manage it...

Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home