Monday, September 19, 2005

Evangelion.

Well, Evangelion is still at only around 60%, but the first 15 eps are finished, with the next 2 at 98% each. Not too shabby. After watching the first 11 (I plan to watch the next couple of finished ones later) I now understand why many reviews said the series was angsty. The main male lead is indeed an angsty teenager, unsure of himself and marginally of those around him, in a very ditant relationship with his father. I quite like the series, since it's an anime genre I'm used to, and it involves big mechas without any Gundam. Excellent. (On a side note I don't dislike Gundam as a whole, I just dislike how much it's been repeated, and hyped up to a ridiculous degree.)

Rei and Asuka are two interesting characters, since they're quite oposite and both Evangelion pilots. Rei is quiet and quite antisocial in the degree of not really knowing how to react well with anyone, whilst Asuka is hugely dominant and extrovert, ensuring she gets her way. Coupled with the angsty hero, it's not a bad mix. Rei, though not shy, fits into my preferred 'quiet type' moe, so that makes the series more interesting, heh.

On slightly different news, I've started downloading The Last Exile. I've seen this in a few places (such as an EB Games Store in America within the Manhattan Mall) and had a few quick glances, but I don't really know what it's about. All I know about it is that it looks rather good, aethetically speaking. The first 2 episodes are finished, so I guess I'll watch them after I finish up the first 20 eps of Evangelion or so. It's times like this that I wish I had a 2MB connection like my friend, I'd get all this stuff so much quicker, and wouldn't have to wait so long. Dang. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to go out and get a job. I need to see how I cope with the college workload first, but I should be able to go out and get work. Then it'll just be a question of saving up for a better computer with a better connection. That'll be bliss. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home