Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Marathon mk II.

Yet another marathon of anime and TV watching. I'm now seen the first 22 eps of Evangelion, and the first 6 of Last Exile. Evangelion is turning out to be really good, though I have a few reservations since I've heard so many fans say that the ending was bad, as was the 'End of Evangelion' movie, which is the different ending. So though I'm enjoying the series and only have 4 episodes left to watch and the movies, I'm slightly worried that they'll ruin it for me. Oh well, I'll just hope that the ending(s) give closure. Onto Last Exile, from what I've seen of it it looks good. Large flying ships, small aircraft, a messenger service, and some lead characters who're interesting with a largely unexplained backstory thus far. Though it seems slightly generic, I'm still enjoying it so it'll be interesting to see how the series pans out. It just seems ironic that Last Exile will finish downloading a few days before Evangelion, even though I started Evangelion far before it.

The TV part of the marathon has been watching the third series of Family Guy. Sheer class, I reckon this series is at, if not beyond, the level of the Simpsons (another show I like). It has some great moments, and it's up there with my other favourites, the aforementioned Simpsons, Futurama, South Park etc etc. Also if you want something funny to listen to, look for a song named 'Paracetamoxyfrusebendroneomycin' by Amateur Transplants. It has the tume and rhythm from Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, but much better lyrics. It's a true wonderdrug. trust me, go to www.amateurtransplants.com and listen to it. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home