Sunday, September 25, 2005

Missing.

Wow, based on dat, I've missed 2 days of updates. If people actually bothered coming here to read my pointless ramblings then it may be a problem. Thank heavens no one really comes here eh? Just me, typing aimlessly about pointless things, mostly anime and how much I've slept recently, whenever I'm bored enough and around enough to type. So anyway... On friday I went to bed early, thereby avoiding the duty of posting, since college on friday wears me out. It's vaguely cruel, since I have a lesson, break, lesson, 3 and a half hour break of death, lesson. By the time I reach the last lesson, all motivation and enthusiasm has left my body and I just want to go home and sleep. Blarg. On saturday, i.e. an hour and 12 minutes ago, I just never got round to posting since I was messing around compressing the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie to a ridiculous degree. I got it down to 192MB (freaking small for an hour and 40 minute movie) through compression then conversion to MPEG4 format. The slow bits look nice and normal, anything moving faster than a brisk walk has pixellated edges. It's not overly bad on a PSP, but it's still noticable. Oh well. Maybe I'll try encoding it to MPEG4 with 29.97 frames per second, instead of a lousy 15. Pity it'll double the size or so...

In anime related news (not much else to talk about y'know...) I managed to watch all of Last Exile in a row yesterday. It's quite enjoyable, though I kept getting the worrying impression that Dio was a girl from the drawing style and haircut he had. Even after it was stated several times that he was male, it just didn't seem to fit. The fact he acted -slightly- camp didn't help. The ending was also quite good, considering many series don't end well. Happiness nearly all round, and a nice deal of closure, leaving the mind at ease. I can't say the same for Neon Genesis Evangelion, since the ending of that seemed to be in a far more abstract viewpoint, as if from a mind, or set of minds, that was breaking apart. I preferred the End of Evangelion movie, which is a retelling of the last 2 episodes. It was far less abstract. Well, the first half was. Still, neither endings gave that much closure, and left a huge amount of questions unanswered. Irritating questions too, such as, "What the hell is supposed to happen now?" Overall I thought it was again a good anime, if slightly let down by the ending(s). I also found out that Mahou Sensei Negima episode 23, the unsubbed episode in the series, was released by a single guy. I downloaded it, and it was good, even though the guy himself said in a kind of 'forward' (readme file) that it was his first time typesetting, subbing etc. It certainly cleared up the strange plot twist in the series.

R.O.D. isn't doing too badly either. Admittedly it's downloading at half speed, but hey, that's the sacrifice you pay when keeping 2 torrents running at once. The first 5 eps are done, with the next 2 being a fair amount over 50% done, so it shouldn't be too long before I finish the first 10 and watch them, ready for the remaining 16. Madlax has unfortunately been pushed far back in my schedule beyond all recognition, just because after the R.O.D. TV series and OVA, I'll probably give myself and my computer a rest for a few days, or even a week if I go overboard. Looking at the time, it's only 2 hours till I need to make my way from Polegate, where I live, to Eastbourne to meet up at the Games Workshop store for 4am. Yes, 4am. Later today is a rather large event called 'Games Day' hosted in Birmingham, for followers of the hobby, and it's great to go to. I guess for those of you who go to anime cons, thick of an anime con without anime, and with a lot of wargames made by Games Workshop. Fans are -almost- as dedicated, and many cosplay. Unfortunately I myself have never been to a large Anime con, since I live in England and I don't generally hear of any nearby. It's quite a shame. So for the next 2 hours I'll be listening to music and reading Bleach manga. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home