Saturday, October 22, 2005

The 50th post.

It hasn't really been that long, but already I'm up to the 50th post on this blog. Huzzah and all that jazz. Anyway, I missed the post yesterday since I'd gone to the Cinema to watch Corpse Bride, then when I got home I finished up watching Trigun the Naruto update. After that I felt so tired I just called it a night and went to sleep. Corpse Bride was enjoyable, though it wasn't as good as a whole compared to The Nightmare Before Christmas. The character were very well designed however, and tw of my particular favourites are the dead Generals in the Land of the Dead. One of them's a dwarf, heh. Some of the songs I found a bit strange, as they didn't seem much more than talking with additional music, but I suppose that's a lot better than some productions... Trigun ended well, and it was left reasonably open-ish. I suppose this is because the series covered the first manga series and then the next 9 volumes of the Trigun Maximum series which is still ongoing to the best of my knowledge. Considering the material for it is still going, I think the anime brought it to a good place of closure without completely cutting off the manga.

The Naruto episode was again a bit of a disappointment. I swear there's far less detail than the first 100 or so episodes. They must be getting a bit bored of it or something. The storyline also seems a bit weak, but then since I don't read the Naruto manga I can't quite judge when it's following the original story or not. Either way Raiga the lightning user looks quite bad. Since no other updates are out at the moment, and since I've also finished a series, I did a bit of a search for new stuff to watch. I ended up going to Brighton today, to a store called dave's Comics. It's quite well known, and stocks quite a bit of manga and figures. I usually go there to get the imported Newtype USA magazine, since that's a brilliant anime and manga mag, but unfortunately they didn't have the newest issue. There was however a much thinner mag called Anime Insider, and so I got that instead. Within it I found reference to the Bottle Fairies series and also a 24 minute long 'movie' called Kakurenbo. Bottle fairies looks cute enough to grab my interest, and if about 4 little fairy girls who live inside bottles of medicine on their owner's desk. They learn about life from a very misguided young kid from next door, leading to a variety of misconceptions. That fits the bill of 'something to pass the time' so I'm currently downloading that.

Kakurenbo however is practically impossible to find. Nearly all the places I go to for torrents doesn't have it, and On AniDB the only two groups that have subbed it seem to be Chinese and what I'm guessing is Arabic. Well damn. Looks like I'll just have to randomly search around for it for some time, and it looks very interesting too. The story is about a group of kids who enter a very deserted and run down area of a city to play a game. The game involves wearing a mask, and running like hell away from giant half demon half mecha things intent on ripping them apart. It's basically a horror, and the stills of it look rather impressive. Not only that but it was completely done on the computer even though it looks authentically hand drawn. As I said, interesting. Hopefully it'll turn up soon. Another three series I'm vaguely pondering about are Mezzo Forte, Mai Otome and Blood+. I was a fan of Mai Hime, and though Otome has the same character, it's a completely different universe with different backgrounds and such. So I'm not too sure about it. Since both Otome and Blood+ have about 3 episodes subbed each, I'll most likely wait at least 2 months for more to be done so I don't end up waiting for ages. Mezzo Forte seems interesting enough, so after my other download projects I'll probably get it.

After Bottle Fairies I will be gaining and watching the Firefly series. It's not anime, but it's supposed to be much better than the movie Serenity (which was based off the series) and if it's even half as good as the movie I want to watch it. My friend Jake, one of the manga-creating trio of which I'm a part of, has already started watching it and he recommends it. With my own interest and a recommendation, I'll be sure to watch it. After all that said I'm running low on news, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home