Saturday, October 01, 2005

Paranoia.

Well, I watched the rest of Paranoia Agent, then the Saikano OVA, then the Sin City film. Admittedly the last one isn't anime, but it's based on a graphic novel so I reckon it fits in roughly as a 'Live Action' production of a 'manga'. Paranoia Agent ends slightly strangely, but I really like the series. It shows just how twisted each of the people are, or become, and seeing 'who' Shounen Bat is may be already apparant to some people (it was to me after the first few episodes) but it's still a nice twist. The Saikano OVA basically retells the series from the point of view of a Lieutenant, the prototype of the Ultimate Weapon. I found it nice to see everything from a different person's point of view, and there was a more direct way to see Chise's thoughts due to the Lieutenant. Unfortunately though it was only 2 episodes. It would have been nice to have around 6 or so. As for the Sin City, it looks visually amazing. Comic film noir, with selective colour, impressive. It does however glorify violence to an almost worrying degree. Once or twice the thought 'Umm.. that can't be good.' passed through my mind. Some of the characters are quite frankly cool though, such as Kevin, played by Elijah wood with rather reflective glasses. A cool character.

I've started downloading Samurai Champloo too, and the first 8 episodes are almost done. The story sounds a bit strange from what I've read. Searching for a samurai who smells like sunflowers is a bit odd, but I haven't read the girl's reasoning so maybe the character had a valid point in looking. At any rate the general premise seems slightly unusual, so that should be interesting. Plus it has Samurai in it. That has to be good. I guess in the morning I'll have quite a few episodes to watch. It'll probably take another 2 or 3 nights to get them all, so it shouldn't be too long till I'm onto getting Tenjou Tenge, both the series and OVA. I know there's a movie out, but apparantly it's just a bunch of flashbacks and parts from the series mashed together, so I'll give it a miss. So, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home