Sunday, December 18, 2005

Sweetness.

I've actually had the internet now since the 14th, so I've been lacking in punctuality as of late. Sorry about that, I'll try to get back to my once-a-day posting system, since I should have a lot more to write about, namely Guild Wars. This game is just cool. God damn cool. It's cool enough to blaspheme endlessly whilst being an atheist. Yes, it is that cool. Buy it and play it. There's a ridiculous amount of people that already do, and I've made several friends there so far by questing with others. The system is pretty good, when you enter an area that isn't a town, the world is personal, you're the only adventurer there. If you're in a party with someone obviously they get the same world. This means that there's no camping, no stealing of quests, and it gets rid of many of the annoying aspects of other online RPG's.

It also has a plot, but that isn't set. I actually completed some of the beginning quests, went off to later in the game thanks to a higher level person taking me there, did some advanced quests, then went back to do the first mission. This freeplay style is excellent, since it allows me to play how I like, whilst also providing a good story to follow, should I want to. Yes, I know this sounds like I'm marketing the game, but it's just so good I can't help it. In the 3 days I've played (since I haven't yet today) I've got to just past level 13, out of 20 levels. My character happens to be a Necromancer/Elementalist, and the Necro skills are just magnificent. Seriously, killing something, getting energy from it's death, then using that energy to make the corpse explode killing more things and getting more energy is pure enjoyment. However since I don't use the Elementalist profession that much I'll probably change it to Mesmer once I Ascend at level 20. I have no idea how long that'll take, since obviously the higher the level, the harder it is to level up.

I also managed to make my own Guild, with a Guild Emblem on the cape. It's quite funky indeed. So far no one is in it but I don't care, since I made it to a) have a cape and b) so my friend can join it once he gets the game. Once he's in and a reasonable level then both of us will probably go recruiting. If you play Guild wars, my character is Xanthier Lizarous. Drop me a whisper if you're around and point out that you read this, it'll be pretty cool.

Back to other previous news, I watched a whole bunch of anime and read a shedload of manga updates after my connection was set. It took quite some time, 4 technical help calls and a lot of swearing to get it to work. At first the software was just bad and needed to be resent and reinstalled, then there were cabling issues, phone line issues, activation date confusion and a lack of filters. Now it's all happy though, so that's all good and I'm more than pleased with a 2.2MB connection. It's very handy indeed to download anime and manga so quickly (based on the availability of seeders). I've also been updating the Soul Society forums and keeping that place alive, even with my Guild Wars play time. Seriously Guild Wars ate up most my day yesterday. I started playing at 3pm, and finished at 4.35. Am. Gah. I only meant for 2 hours, but it was just so good. It means I'll have to write these earlier, that's for sure. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home