Saturday, December 10, 2005

Updatage.

Aha, it's been some time since the last update, so there's a hefty bit of news for all you avid readers you. So basically Enjin, heh. Cheers for reading this blog by the way. At any rate, the working computer arrived last tuesday, and was put together by my friend Jake on wednesday. Luckily I was at the right house at the right time on tuesday, had I waited for my mum to finish work before going there I would have missed it. Delivered at 4.25pm, convenient. Once it was built we started it up and it worked happily, so I went about installing all the drivers and programs as per normal. That's where it went downhill. Damn. After a while it started to have startup problems, and eventually either kept restarting or freezing during startup. My friend and I were just confused, and neither of us knew how to fix it. After he'd gone several hours later, still with no idea, I had an epiphany. Using a system restore I went back to before the installation of the drivers and the computer worked! Therefore I went through testing each driver and it ended up being the nVidia chipset drivers that were screwing it up. Since the computer works anyway, I'll probably just go and download new drivers off the nVidia site once I have internet.

About the internet connection, it should be up on monday or tuesday, since it was said to be ready in 7 working days from last friday. Unfortunately they don't count saturday as a working day as then it'd be today... ah well. I can easily wait for another few days after waiting for several weeks, but it's still quite irksome to have a new working computer and no internet to use on it. Nevertheless I managed to update the Soul Society forums today, and once I get the connection I'll be launching the next big arc. All the characters available have easily had more than enough time to get into 'ready' positions and areas to join should they notice the opening post. It'll be excellent and nice to get back into RP'ing full(ish)-time again.

Also another of my friends was kind enough to download me updates of Naruto, Bleach, Mai Otome, Shuffle!, the last episode of Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig and the last 2 episodes of Girls Bravo second season. I actually managed to watch all of them on my old computer since I pretty much got it working again thanks to uninstalling several troublesome programs and putting in safer newer versions. Oh the troubles that can be fixed with a program change. The anime episodes are now on my hard drive for my new computer, and I'm looking forward to downloading the updates for Gun X Sword, Blood+, Eureka Seven and Solty Rei amidst others. So, with that good prospect, till next time, in a few days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home