Friday, January 27, 2006

Animarathon.

Ah, today was bliss. It was exceedingly nice not to have to go to college. I still got up kinda early (for a free day) at 9am-ish, since by 10am I had to be down the Games Workshop store. The game of Warhammer Quest was great fun to play, as I didn't get seriously injured, I got a nifty items, and I was reasonably valuable to everyone since I kept them unwebbed when mobbed by ridiculous amounts of spiders. After that game of about 2 hours I decided to wanted around Eastbourne a bit and did some very light shopping. All it really was included looking in Game stores at PC games and buying a few burnable DVD's. Not much, but an interesting way for me to spend my morning. For the afternoon I decided to go to Brighton. Naturally this was purely to go to Dave's Comics, and luckily they'd just received delivery of the febuary issue of NewType USA. Yet more anime and manga news goodness for me. Since I'd had my eye on it for some time, I also bought a large-ish anime figure. I think it was number 5 in a series, by Monsier-Bome or something, but it's basically a tall lady wearing a black and red short dress, with neko ears. It's a damn nice figure, and it was almost difficult to choose between that one and the bunny girl waitress figure from the same series. I actually had money to buy both, but I figured spending everything the day I got it was a bit... stupid. As such I'll probably wait a week or two to buy that one and just hope it's still there.

My evening was quite nice too. I ended up having an anime marathon, or what I refer to as an 'animarathon'. It has a nice ring to it. At any rate I ended up watching 21 episodes of Suzuka in a row. I would've watched more, but I'd already seen the first 5, so I ended up finishing the series. I only actually finished watching the last episode a few minutes before starting to write this. It was a good series and demonstrated quite a few problems that could be faced in real life, as cliche as they are. The ending I felt was about adequate, though it was left without a true sense of closure. Sure, it was what was expected and it seemed to be happy, but there wasn't actually any overt action on the part of the girl. It's a series I consider worth watching, though not exactly one of my favourites. An example of a good ending would be Fullmetal Alchemist, still one of my favourites. In a vaguely related bit of news, on Minitokyo the Bleach group reopened the colouring contest suince no one had actually entered it. As such I half a partially coloured picture that I really should finish. I actually started it the first time around, but never got around to doing most of it due to time commitments. Since I have till the end of feburary to enter I should be able to finally finish the damn thing. With any luck I'll win too, heh. So, till next time folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home