Sunday, January 22, 2006

ISP issue.

I would've posted yesterday, but my ISP failed which meant that I was without an internet connection. Not much happened yesterday overall. I basically woke up at 11am and did more revision. I was vaguely surprised that I managed to get up so early in the morning to be honest. Two days ago I didn't go to sleep at a normal time, since I stayed up till 3am yesterday morning chatting to friends using Skype. It's a pretty cool piece of software, since I can hold voice conferences and actually talk to people rather than type. This is nicer for me than Ventrillo or Teamspeak since I always seem to fail at using them, and I'd rather not spend money to get a set area to chat. At any rate on Guild wars I was testing out quite a few various builds, and some of them are pretty cool. One combination with the new classes allows the character to teleport in to the middle of a group of people and practically immediately use lots of area of effect fire nuking spells. You manage to do a shed load of damage in a short space of time. Then you can just teleport out again by stopping the use of your own skill and you're safe once more. Used in conjunction with 2 warriors going in and attacking coordinated targets it can be a very deadly tactic. I also has assorted fun in messing with existing builds and seeing which skills I could add to 'tune' them for my style of play. Since I prefer Necromancer characters I tend to go for a 'health steal' approach whilst staying reasonably far back. It's almost like being a supporter, but with a damaging rather than healing role. It certainly saves me getting overly hurt, heh.

Yesterday after I got through my morning revision I actually went to Crawley and watched a film – Underworld Evolution. It was a nifty, nifty film. Gee damn it was cool. Yet more vamps and lycans slugging it out, and Markus and William the original progenitors of the two races were just 'ard. Kate Beckinsale was also quite a good point of the film. Two words is enough to describe the sheer goodness. 'Tight Leather'. Whilst in Crawley I popped into the local Games Workshop and had a chat with all the staff members I used to talk to regularly with before I moved to Polegate. It was quite nice seeing them all again, and of course they definitely haven't changed at all since it's only been a year and about 4 months. After that I pretty much came home and went through all my psychology notes, yet again. It was boring fodder stuff, but I still need to get it all into my skull. This unfortunately meant that since today was the day before the exam I constantly read for hours and hours. I also wrote yet more damn notes for names, and I still don't know them. Damn it. I'm just thankful that I only had 2 exams this time around. In june I'll have 8. That will not be fun. Ah well. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home