Sunday, January 29, 2006

Gun Kata.

I decided to write the post early today, since for the last couple of days I missed the midnight deadline and had to alter the time to keep up the '1 a day' post rule I self impose. So taa daa, slightly earlier post. Today I didn't actually play Guild Wars, since I simply didn't feel like it. Instead I had a nice sleep in till 4pm since a weekend is the only time I'll ever get to relax so much. I didn't really do much else today, but I did get round to watching the AMV Hell collection. Lots of it was mediocre, and some of it was very glitchy where it got stuck or skipped due to bad encoding, but quite a lot of it was funny. Lots of the Azumanga Daioh work was good, and has actually motivated me to get the series. I've already read the manga for it, so I figure I may as well. I also managed to find an anime version of gun-kata. Gun-kata is a fighting style made for the film Equilibrium. The film didn't have that amazing a plot, but being a mindless guy I liked it for the fighting scenes. Grenadier, an anime, has those very similar fighting scenes. It's like a ripoff of Trigun, with a blonde gun-toting pacifist, but the character is an incredibly busty woman instead. When they run out of bullets they throw up more from their cleavage and reload the gun with a smooth flick. It's quite funny to see.

The only other anime I've seen with Equilibrium-esque scenes is in Trinity Blood, where Tres Iqus, the cyborg guy, bursts into a room and blows everyone away. It's almost identical to the scene where Preston runs into the dark room filled with 'terrorists' and shoots them all in the dark. It's practically exact right down to the lighting, heh. Other anime hasn't had much progress with me on a whole, since there's still only 2 episodes of Neo Ranga for me to watch. Thankfully I managed to watch the newest episode of Mai Otome and a recap episode of Eureka Seven. The recap episode managed to cover all the first 26 episodes quite well as a overview, though naturally it could be viewed as overly simplistic. Still, it was nice to watch it and it reminded me of a few things lurking in the back of my mind that I'd almost forgotten about, such as Dominic. Since he hasn't really shown in the newer episodes all my focus was on Eureka and Renton. In more anime-ish awesome news there's an article about a Eureka Seven PSP game in NewType USA. The game looks good, but I need to do more research on it. It'd be nice to get it but pointless if it's only going to be in japanese since it needs the story really. As of yet I have no idea if it'll be released in America. At any rate, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home