Friday, January 13, 2006

Revision looms.

I'm getting reasonably good at the diabolo now. I can pull off a strange x-crossed string trick and another called the bow and arrow. They look pretty cool, especially when done one after the other. The trick is to get a ridiculous amount of spin going then it doesn't just die halfway through one. I can't finish them every time, but I'm rapidly improving and can manage them more times than not. It's pretty funny really, since the friend who most recently bought one (mentioned 2 posts ago) now won't let me borrow his since he's afraid I'll get better than him. It really makes me laugh since I already am. In theory he should be able to easily catch up, but he keeps saying he can't practice at home. Fair enough then, it may take him some time. I also had a fair amount of the day with my hawt sexah friend. That immensely cheered me up, and the ego boost when doing diabolo tricks infront of her was stupidly insane. Gee damn I was happy and confident today. Magic the Gathering cropped up too. Out of 3 games I won 2 so it was pretty good going, though my mate's luck was atrocious in the second game. He had 1 mana out on the table for 5 turns. On the 6th turn he got another mana. Woo. When I spoke to my dad about my finesse (er, well nearly) at the diabolo he actually said that if I wanted I could get another one. It's rare for him to spontaneously offer, but it was pretty cool. I probably will get one of my own, then I don't have to keep trying to borrow one.

Once I got home I had the happiness of my computer, and assorted searching for updates, listening to music and watching anime ensued. Eureka Seven had an update, as did the Bleach manga, in a way. If you're wondering about the Bleach chapter, just download it and see, heh. Nanashi fansubs are still doing an excellent job with Eureka, and it's good to see the characters again, full of resolve. Since Shuffle! finished I've started getting the already completed series Suzuka, subbed by Lunar Anime. Since I'm used to the quality of Lunar's work due to Bleach I'm certain the subbing will be top notch. Apparantly the series is vaguely harem-like, though the main male character actually likes a certain girl from the very beginning. It's a common premise but meh, as long as it's interesting I'll watch it. Plus character designs are always good to see. However since I currently have 7 torrents downloading (and 1 finished seeding) in utorrent, and since my overall torrent speeds seem to be most commonly low, this could take quite some time to get. Hopefully the Bill Bailey shows won't take too long. Neo Ranga is still chugging away, chipping slowly at the remaining 4 and a bit GB to get. Le sigh. At least by next week at the latest I'll have a ridiculous amount of stuff to watch and read. It should keep me busy for a few days. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home