Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Lots to watch.

The 4 hours of free period today at college passed very, very slowly. I didn't really do much at all in them except walk around and chat with people. One girl from my sociology class came up to me and started having a conversation purely because she recognised me, so I actually spent an hour or so with her, idely wandering to and from the local Sainsbury's. She's quite interesting, but it took ages for her to actually relax and start being herself. At first she was holding herself back to be polite, but at the end she was much louder and a lot more giggly. It certainly passed the time, and at least I now know someone in my sociology class. Apart from her I generally moved from person to person and that was about it. Unfortunately I'm going to have yet another four hours free on thursday, and on friday I only need to go in for a single lesson thanks to sociology being cancelled a second time. This means I'll spend a ridiculous amount of time out of the house on friday, just to have an hour of lesson, thanks to the trains and weird timetable. Le sigh. On the plus side I'll at least have the afternoon off, so it isn't purely annoying.

After college was the happy Games Workshop. I managed to get 3 games of warhammer 40,000 in, with a narrow loss and 2 downright victories. All three were fun to play, but the narrow loss was the best. It involved the most thinking I've ever had to do in a game before since my opponent has been in the hobby for one hell of a lot longer than me, so naturally he's quite a bit better with tactics. I'm quite please I managed to get so close, had the last turn gone differently I could have possibly scraped a draw. The other two games were simple slaughter, involving my army running forwards and shooting the enemy quite dead. Still it was entertaining, since the sheer amount of my own firepower tended to decide both games in the early turns. Not only that, but after I got home I saw that I'd managed to finish getting the first 4 'episodes' of Azumanga Daioh. This is pretty nifty, since it gives me something to watch after this post, and quite possibly something to do on friday when I get a few more. Since that's all the news I can think of, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home