Monday, January 02, 2006

No change.

The year has started off exactly the same way as last year, and the year before, etc etc ad infinitum. This is why I'm not overly hyped about the new year, since it inevitably turns out to be tedious and repetetive. Oh well. On the plus side I've managed to watch more anime. I've finished Full Metal Panic Fumoffu and Air, both the series and movie. It doesn't mater that I've watched Fumoffu fully before FMP, since I've read most of the manga anyway. It was a good series, and the ending was great. Air was a bit strange overall. The story started out roughly normal, then entered the realms of oddness, before having a really surreal last few episodes. The 13th, and last, episode was a recap one, and the movie was like a very slightly retold recap episode but longer. Overall I wouldn't consider it time wasted, but rather time interestingly spent. I've only seen the first Air summer special out of the two, but I'll definately watch the second since it expands upon the underlying story in Air. Full Metal Panic will still take some time to go. I've still only watched the first 4 episodes, but with any luck another 2 will be done by tomorrow. I just have to hope that the seeders decide to stick around.

In Guild Wars I decided to observe a Guild Battle using the recently implemented, and aptly named, 'Observe mode'. It was quite entertaining to watch, seeing two very high ranked Guilds battling it out and using all their skills in good combination. There was a clear winner however, the blue team, who were ironically rated the lowest out of the pair (rank 9, whereas the red team were rank 6). Obviously the two Guilds are good, since there are 1000 ranks. It must've taken a lot of effort to get that high. I also managed to chat to a few friends on MSN, and it was good to have contact with them at the end of the holidays, and it'll be nice to see them tomorrow. The conversations cheered me up slightly, since I was largely bored after Guild Wars with nothing to watch on account of slow download speeds. Since after college tomorrow I have Games Workshop to go to hopefully I won't be as bored. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home