Sunday, February 26, 2006

NewType.

Today I fully recovered thanks to sleeping in till about 1pm. After I got up, feeling fine, I pretty much almost immediately went to Brighton to pick up te march issue of NewType USA as I usually do every month. However there were engineering works today. As such I had to get a bus to Lewes, then a train to Brighton. So instead of the journey taking 30 minutes, it took over an hour. Not that fun really, but at least I got to listen to more 2 Sense. Once there I basically just popped into Dave's Comics, had a browse around, got the copy of NewType then went to David's books. There I picked up another manga book called 'Plastic Little - Captain's Log' by Satoshi Urushihara. It's got some nice art, and it's a 'slightly' older style which looks better than quite a few of the modern ones I've seen. From what I've scan-read it also looks like a reasonably good story, so I have something to look forward to reading. NewType graced me with more series to look for, such as Karas, Kashimashi and reinciting my hunt for Madlax. Also I'm not going to get, when they start airing in Japan, Zegapain, Daimaho Tage, Himawari, and Shinigami no Ballad which I've known about for a few months. All in all quite a bit to look forward to over the next few months, which hopefully won't detract too much from my college work.

Other than that, and reading NewType, nothing else happened today apart from the usual speaking with people on MSN, Skype, etc. On Skype with several Soul Society forum-goers we've been discussing a manga based on the forum. It'll have two main characters, Yoko and Yoen since they're not that powerful and have a tracable story, and will most likely vaguely follow the forum with a few changes here and there to make it flow. We have an artist lined up, and I'm the scripter. As such I need to get writing reasonably soon when I have the time. The artist seems quite impatient to startm, which is completely different to another of my friends who wouldn't start as he didn't have the motivation. It looks like the project will definately be going ahead, as the artist has even done some practice sketches to get the style closer to Kubo Tite's. It's some good stuff. In other anime news I also have 3 episodes of Neo Ranga to watch, but since they're short I'll leave them till I build a few up. I'm currently getting the Fate Stay Night game, and after that it'll be Fate Hollow Ataraxia. I may not really understand it, but I can sure as hell try, heheheh. Since anime music is playing in the background I feel like reading some manga. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home