Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Trouncing.

College today was reasonably ok lesson-wise, but was great friend-wise since I played cards, chatted with my 2 best friends, and arranged to go to Brighton with both of them tomorrow. We'll most likely all see Aeon Flux, a film we've wanted to see for a few weeks but not really got around to it. I also whiled away the time by watching Teen Titans on my PSP. At one point I had an audience all watching, compiled of other fans of the show. Though most likely 'geeky', it was great fun discussing the series with them, and speculating who exactly stole Robin's Red X suit ate up a huge amount of time. The sheer amount of gadgets packed into that suit is insane, it's a wonder why Robin didn't keep it and simply pain over the X with a giant R, heh. Other than that not much happened, though psychology wasn't as boring as it could have been. The constant bouts of writing were enough to keep me awake, since they were short enough to be easy, but long enough to force me to keep my eyes open and think. Not too bad all in all. English was the usual fun it was as it was our eccentric english teacher's day. Seriously weird conversations happened there, since it was about an older style of english language, but it was still a laugh.

Games Workshop was great today. I managed to play 3 games in all, and won all 3 of them. That in itself is quite pleasing. The first game was incredibly close, resulting in just a few models left on my side against one hero on the other. I was lucky to have the game end there, because in theory that lone heo could have munched the rest of my small army. The other two games were sheer massacres in my favour. In the first I only lost 7 men, and the second, 10. Meanwhile I completely annihilated the opponent's army. He's quite rapidly learning to avoid getting near to my armies now, since shooting them afar works best for him. Even with outright wins it was clear I made several mistakes, since the dice I rolled for the most part were actually abysmal. It was only because of bursts of luck or tactical thinking, where I pinned a unit down and obliterated it before moving on, that allowed me to win so soundly. I'm not sure if the thursday group is on, so I'll probably check later. Since I have thursday off college I'll most probably sleep anyway, thereby wasting the day in another person's eyes, whilst using it fully to mine, heh. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home