Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Always lucky Slevin.

Sociology was good fun today, since the whole class played a game of giant Jenga. In case you don't know what that is, it's a game with wooden blocks arranged in a tower, and you need to remove bloakcs and add them to the top. If the tower falls, you lose. It was a damn good game, since it went on for the full hour. For my team I did nearly every move since they had confidence in me, most likely since I'm a good player. It got to an insane stage where it was nearly 5 feet tall. You can guess by then it was likely to fall over at anything. I screwed up on one move and the tower tipped, but luckily only 5 fell off the top. As such I managed to place them all back on, as well as removing one and placing that one on top too. A pretty damn good recovery really, heh. Law was more entertainingm, since I got a B/C for an essay, and the teacher said I needed around 5 or 6 cases to get an A. After counting, I pointed out to her I had 7 cases in the essay, and for a few minutes she looked incredibly confused. She offered to remark it but I declined, since it was a blatant moral victory for me, and made the lesson far funnier. Similar things happened with everyone elses essays, which makes it look like she either missed the cases, or her general statement was completely wrong.

After college I went to Brighton with 3 other friends, and we basically went to Dave's Comics, then a sushi bar, then to the Odeon cinema. The sushi was ridiculously expensive, but still very nice. I couldn't have too much, since I was limited on funds and still had the cinema to think of. We spent ages there before finally moving to the cinema in the evening. Since Aeon Flux wasn't on, we all decided to watch Lucky Number Slevin. Dang, that was a good movie. The ending was fantastic in my opinion, and it's got a good story throughout. The ending was superb in that it linked all the little details together into one much larger picture, which just added to the overall effect. Not only that, but it was quite entertaining when one of my friends told me one of the other two had to keep asking what was happening. Since the other two are going out, and have been for some time, they didn't see much of the film. That made me laugh quite a bit. After that it was back to the station and straight home for me, since I was lucky enough to only need to wait for 3 minutes to catch a train. Very handy really. Since there's no college tomorrow I reckon I'll be able to stay up tonight then get enough sleep during the day. Ah, a relaxing break. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home