Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Cutting it close.

I decided to watch anime before this post, hence the cutting it fine when it comes to my post deadline. Anyway, to start at the beginning. I played another game of Magic the Gathering today, and won very quickly with the Orzhov deck. I leant it to the friend I taught, and he beat my other friend very quickly, even though it was facing a white angel deck. I'm really liking this Orzhov deck now. Once I get a really large amount of playtest games in I'll start to change the cards around, taking out what isn't as useful or needed and replacing it with other funky stuff. I don't have as many cards as my friend, but no doubt I'll be able to buy some off him so that's fair enough. Other than yet it was yet again business as usual, though I felt rotten in the morning due to nly getting about 2 hours sleep. Anime tends to do that if I'm running out of time. Ah well, I'll actually be going to bed after this post, since I'm saving the episodes of GunGrave I have to watch for tomorrow. On the train home I actually played more Dragon Warrior Monsters now, and the bosses are getting insanely hard, dang. It looks like I'll have to spend several hours beefing up the levels of my critters. There's less than 30 levels to go before my Phoenix and Blizzardy reach their final level. So... they're still only half way. This is going to take a long, long time, but it'll be worth it when I can utterly decimate people in the final tournament, heh.

The updates for Shinigami no Ballad, Blood+, Rec and Solty Rei managed to get watched today, as did the first, and currently only so far, released episode of Ergo Proxy. Dang, it does look good, and it certainly raised my curiosity. It seems like a detective drama with androids, and with reference to other anime I can only really say it's like a cross of Witch Hunter Robin, without the magic, and a more utilitarian version of Persocoms from Chobits. The episode was focused on how those androids which got a specific virus suddenly became self-aware, and who then could apparantly go on a killing spree. Or at least, that was what was assumed by the main character till she saw some interesting stuff. Blood+, Solty Rei and Ergo Proxy all had nice fights in, but Rec and Shinigami no Ballad brought me into a calmer empathic state since they had a slower pace and were more focused on character interaction. Rec is shaping up to have the traditional happy ending which I'm looking forward too, since it's only a 9 episode series and the first 6 have been released by Ayu. Not too bad at all, though I'm still kinda confused as to why it's so short. Oh well. In Games Workshop tonight I had a join Warhammer game, 2 verses 2, which I lost. It was unfortunate when my partner completely died and left me facing two armies, but oh well. I also managed another game of Warhammer 40,000 and completely annihilated my opponent. However he's improving, as each time he manages to kill a few models more. He's learning to fight my army specifically, so I reckon I'll go for a list change. That'll vex him, heheh. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home