Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Made it.

Phew, I managed to start writing this before my personal midnight deadline, so I don't need to 'roll back' the time on blogger to keep my one a day posting schedule. Overall the day was excellent, since I only had to be in college for 50 minutes. The travelling time to get to and back from college was one hour and 10. I actually spent more time on a train that in college, heh. My reviews went rather well. I got told I was doing great in english language and psychology, and my psychology teacher was extremely pleased with my A grade in the exam since it was an improvement from me AS year (when I got a B). In sociology I was actually told I made the class what it is, since I'm the one who constantly answers questions and gets the class discussing, whereas other groups don't really do much that all. I found that quite funny, since I don't put that much effort into sociology as a whole since Sussex University don't consider it for entry qualifications. Even though I'm not revising for it my teacher still says I'm on par to get an A, and she's actually pleased that I'm not putting that much effort in and still getting a high grade. Odd, but there you go. Usually you'd expect a teacher to say, 'Do your best!', but she actually mentioned she hated that when she was younger since putting in more effort when getting good marks was pointless. She is indeed a funky cool teacher.

I spent most of the afternoon in Games Workshop since I went early due to the abundance of spare time. I generally just chatted with friends then got around to playing three games, one of Warhammer and two of 40,000. In Warhammer I lost abysmally. So incredibly badly it was funny. I only killed a single, yes, SINGLE man on the opponent's army, and the only other 'casualty' he had was his Lord who just ran off the board. My poor zombies all got mashed. I attribute this to a conflict in playing style - my undead army is rubbish in fighting, but can rely on scaring other armies enough to make them run away. However, the army I was facing was immune to psychology. So my fear inducing troops were infact quite pointless. Ah. Oh dear. The first game of 40,000 I played was much closer. The first 2 turns were the usual beatdown of the other army, then it all came apart with similar speed. In the end my opponent scored a solid victory since he had 3 expensive characters who were all still alive and two squads, whereas I had a large tank and squad left. Ah well, my winning streak came to an end rather well, but it was a fun game to play all the same. In the last game of the day It was me verses two other people with a combined total of points equal to myself. I was back on track, beatdown extrodinaire. I essentially scored a massacre, since they had 3 unites left at the end of the game, out of 11. I had 6 out of 6. Nifty indeed. So, since that's all my rambling for now, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home