Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Lots o' Ranga.

Though a short college day is always enjoyable, for it's brevity usually, the day wasn't quite as good as I expected. In sociology everyone was expecting the promised presents that are actually now over 3 weeks past the promised date. Yet again however the teacher forgot to bring them, and with apologies maintained she'd remember them tomorrow. Vaguely disappointing, since free food is always a plus. Once I got home predictably I started to work my way through all the anime I still had to watch. So far I've managed to watch the rest of Neo Ranga, i.e. the remaining 27 episodes of 48. I still have the xxxHOLIC movie and the third episode of Karas to watch. That's not much at all really, so it should be easy enough to finish both of those tonight. I'm expecting Karas to be just as impressive as the previous two episodes, and after having seen the Tsubasa movie I can happily assume the xxxHOLIC one will be of just as high quality, since it overlaps with the Tsubasa series. For now I'll give my computer a bit of a rest from the torrents, since the whining and grating noise may possibly be the SATA hard drive. It doesn't seem to be any of the fans, so meh. I guess a rest will be a good thing for it. Afterwards I'll probably start getting the Boys Be... series as it's only 13 episodes, as compared to Madlax on my list of 'to get' anime, which has 26.

For all my job enquiries and forms, one seems to have partially paid off. Asda gave me a call today, scheduling a group interview about the available placements and hours. With any luck I'll have a job in 8 or so days, since the interview is a week tomorrow. It's nice to have a prospective job ahead of me, since it's certainly the best method for me to save up money. Overall I want to buy another 300GB hard drive so I can copy everything across to it then format my current one. That may help with the current noises. I also want to get another large fan (for the same reason) and a new DVD burner. Preferably at least 16x speed and dual layer. My current 4x speed single layer one seems to be taking longer and longer to burn a DVD. Instead of 15 minutes it now takes from between 30 and 40. That's not encouraging. Not only that, but I also plan to get a Wacom tablet and, if possible, a laptop. I've wanted a laptop for ages, since it would allow me to watch anime on the go, as well as helping me with work, and acting as a handy backup for the computer. Of course all of this is a tall order financially, so a job is pretty much essential really. Le sigh eh? It's either that, or spontaneous lottery winning, which is apparantly quite unlikely. Especially since I don't buy lottery tickets, heh. So that about sums everything up, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home