Friday, March 03, 2006

Weekend.

It's strange when the day passes remarkably quickly. First it was english and psychology, then suddenly sociology. The 3 and a half hours inbetween just went by incredibly quickly for me, since I spent all of that time just hanging out with friends, playing cards, randomly drawing, and so on and so forth. The first two lessons probably helped my overall mood and recognition of the passage of time, since I sat next to one of my friends for both lessons, and she's a great person to talk to. The fact that she's incredibly sexy probably helps quite a bit, but at any rate the lessons were good fun. With the card games I didn't do too badly really, but the main event of the afternoon was the drawing. By now, due to much practice, I can draw chibi pictures quite well. Drawing normal manga is a process I simply fail at, since I haven't practiced that much. I ended up drawing 6 of us in chibi form, with various little comments that though weren't universally appreciated (heheheh) did raise quite a few laughs. Sociology wasn't too bad either, since I didn't have to do much. It was basically a recap lesson so I ended up answering 3 or 4 questions and leaning back in my chair for the rest of it, zoned out. Pretty good really, it was a nice way to end a friday.

Once I got home my social plans came to fruition. So... basically I went onto my computer again and started up torrents after checking for various updates and so forth. Then it was just a case of starting up IRC and chatting in Nyanko. I actually spent around 5 hours there, chatting with various people. Several new ones turned up, including one strange, strange girl. Icelandic apparantly, but after a bit of conversation she was easier to figure out, though still quite sporadic and random. That certainly whiled away the time, though some pizza helped. The joy of pizza and internet chatting, whilst being someone who wears glasses and likes anime, is not a stereotype to be dismissed. It's a veritable way of life, heheheh. I watched the second episode of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, and the settling feeling is that it really is similar to cardcaptors. I'm not saying that's a bad ting, since I enjoyed Cardcaptors when I was younger, and even now it's still quite cute, so it's raised my esteem for Nanoha. Though I was saving Karas for the weekend, I ended up watching them whilst chatting in IRC. I usualy watch anime in double speed. Not Karas. It was so insanely cool that I just HAD to watch it normall. Jesus the fights were cool, and the use of CG is fantastic, and blended very well indeed with the anime. If you want something to watch, go get what's currently subbed of Karas. Trust me. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home