Thursday, March 09, 2006

Results.

Today was memorable in that I got the results for the two exams I took a month and a bit back. I had mixed feeling about the results when I first got them, since I didn't know the proper grade boundaries. For psychology I got 77, and for Law a mere 62. I therefore assumed I had got a B and C respectively. The B was fair cop, but I was quite disappointed with just a C for law, when I thought I'd done well. However later in the afternoon I learned of the actual grade boundaries. For an A in psychology I only needed 72. Well, 77 sure as hell beats that, and since it's 5 marks over I only need an extra 8 marks over the A boundary in my next exam and coursework combined to get an A overall, even though I only got a B overall last year. That's some nifty news indeed. Law required 63 marks to bet a B. 63. Damn it I had 62! So close, yet far enough. Thankfully due to my amazing score in my first year I had an A overall, with another 42 marks over the required A boundary. Therefore the C this time doesn't matter at all. By adding 10 of the 42 spare marks to it to make it 72 it becomes an A. Therefore I still have 32 marks with which to boost my next two law exams. This means I can actually get a C in both of those too, therefore getting a C in all three exams, and I'll still get an A overall. That in itself is funktacular news.

With no deed to retake the law exams my mood improved considerably, and once again I'm extremely thankful that I did so well in my first year. It means much less stress this year. Other than that I just spent the day playing cards outside of lessons, so no real change there. In sociology we actually got the present, little toys which generally made the lesson fun. Not only that but we all got an insane amount of chocolate. Not bad, not bad at all. Once I got home I was able to explain to my dad and step-mum about my results, and they're both pleased since I'm now on track to get an A in all 3 A2 subjects if I get those all important 8 extra marks in psychology overall. I 'celebrated' my good (enough) results by doing the usual activity of watching anime. Not much changes eh? I managed to get through the Naruto and Eureka Seven updates, as well as the Itsudatte 2 episode OVA based on Ken Akamatsu's manga. He's the guy who made Love Hina and who's still making Mahou Sensei Negima, two productions I like. Since Boys Be... was partially done I managed to watch the currently finished episodes. It's only the first 4, but it's a nice series. Many series focus on the girl as she looks for love, but Boys Be... looks at it from the guy's perspective. Since I'm a guy I can actually understand what the characters are going through a lot more, so it's a series that I find good to watch. The quality isn't the best, but it's still good enough to watch clearly so no problems there. As that's the news, I'm off to relax in a damn hot bath. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home