Friday, March 24, 2006

A rest.

Finally it's friday again. Since I didn't have psychology this morning, due to it being cancelled, I got a later train in, the 9.06am. In theory I would've got to Haywards Heath station at 9.40am, arriving at college not too long before break at 10am. At least, that was the plan. In reality I was so engrossed in the Stigma album I accidentally missed the stop, so had to go up to Gatwick and run to another platform to barely catch a train back. As such I didn't make it to college till 10.17am, leaving me with 3 minutes of break before lesson. Well 'dang'. That was slightly annoying, but on the plus side it meant I definately spent more time listening to music, and the Stiga album does deserve to be listened to. English language today had a more interactive task than usual, as we had to read a text and make questions. After that was done the class was seperated into two groups and has to choose questions at random from the other team. It was based on points, and my side ran ahead and got a huge gap between us and the other team, yet our teacher decided to change the rules halfway, and the other team ended up winning by a single point. Bah. I was also surprised in sociology. The essay I wrote with a headache and which I spent no effort on at all got a B-, one of the highest marks in the class. Nearly everyone else got a D or scraped a C, and they apparantly tried hard. I'm not sure if this is irony at work or just a stroke of luck, but it's funny either way.

I took a rest from anime today however. I only watched the Naruto update, which was as I suspected bad filler, and two episodes of melody of Oblivion. Melody is vaguely strange to say the least, but it looks like a good anime. The background art style seemed quite sketchy and almost like watercolours/crayons, whilst the characters were done normally. An odd style, but it looked effective. By morning I'll have another 11 to watch thanks to a friend on IRC who had rather good upload speeds. Through torrents I'll get Planetes, most likely in the interval when my friend is getting the last 11 episodes of Melody to send to me. It's quite generous of him, and I'm entirely grateful since it's a lot faster than the torrent I have for the series. I've also been recommended the Shakugan no Shana series, so I'll most likely get that from bots over IRC since a batch torrent isn't up yet. There's so much anime to get, with so little time, heh. In the process of getting 1 series, with another 3 lined up, and following 12 currently updating series, as well as considering adding another. I also have another 4 series to be added once they start airing. Overall that's 20. Not too shabby really. Once I see them all no doubt more anime will pop up to occupy me, so it's a constant cycle. It's quite a nice hobby really. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home