Friday, March 31, 2006

Shakugan no Shana.

Today was an incredibly short college day indeed, since it was the last day of the current term. Psychology started without teacher talking through stuff to make us satch up to the other class. It didn't take long before we all pointed out that we'd already done it, and were in fact ahead of the other class, heh. After than it was basically a session of hangman, and we got let out 30 minutes early. An extended break followed, thanks to being let out early, then it was english language. Everyone actually worked in the lesson but it was nice working with friends. Once that lessons finished I could go home. At 11.25am that's quite nifty. Instead I went to Brighton with a mate and straight away homed in on Dave's Comics and David's Books, 2 great stores I've raved on about before. I ended up getting the April NewType USA, the newest one, and volumes 9 and 11 of the Bleach manga. I didn't realise they'd actually started stocking them, since I'd asked them to enquire about orders with Viz several months ago, and maybe a year before that. It was unfortunate that they didn't have 10, but it's now on order for me, as well as a definite standing order for NewType. Things look good for the manga world, since now I don't have to order online. In David's Books I basically bought 53 Magic the Gathering cards, since I'm going to make a third deck, this time possibly a black/white/green, or maybe a black/green and alter my existing 2. I got some pretty good cards quite cheap.

I made it home reasonably early, by 3.15pm, after I parted with my friend. She had other people to meet so decided to stick around Brighton. When I home I went back to my predictable routine, and started watching anime. A reasonably large amount of it too. I watched the naruto update, which wasn't as bad as some of the previous fillers, as well as another 6 episodes of Planetes. Planetes is indeed a good series, and there's another 14 for me to see. That'll take maybe a day or two to get. Melody of Oblivion had to be put on hold, because the person sending it to me on IRC had a hard drive failure due to his RAID0 setup, and ended up losing 180GB of anime. That can't be good. At any rate when he resumes then send it'll only take an hour or so and I'll have the final 11 episodes. Since Shakugan no Shana had been mentioned, and as it seemed interesting, I'd watched 3 episodes of it yesterday. So far today I've watched another 14, and at the rate they're downloading from IRC bots I'll most likely have finished the series before midnight. That's quite nice really, a series in a day pretty much. It got me hooked, and I didn't intend to watch past episode 10, but I've now seen the first 17, 18 is ready to watch and 19 is almost done. That's not bad at all, and means so far today I've watched 21 episodes of anime. At any rate I need to be off to watch more of it, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home