Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Spaceman.

Once again Magic the Gathering filled my spare time today, though since I had another 3 and a half hours free due to yet another cancelled lesson I had to resort to my music to reduce some of the boredom. The Magic game ended up as a loss for me, as it was a 3-way game and a friend I taught how to play managed to kill both my friend and I at the same time, and we've both been playing the game for far longer. Hmm, vaguely unexpected, but still quite funny. As for music I listened to the whole Blue Man Group album again, since their music is quite catchy. Not only that but I got out Burning Chrome from the college library, a collection of short stories by William Gibson. I liked Neuromancer immensely and I've read it many times, so I figure I may as well read his other works, and indeed I already like the stories I've read thus far. Apart from that it was a moderately boring day since law went slowly, sociology was merely a recap lesson, english language was cancelled and I finished psychology early. It was, in fact, one of the most nondescript days I've had at college. Thankfully I had Games Workshop to look forward to, and so the day was bearable.

When I got to Games Workshop I had just the one game, and used my Death Guard chaos army. Basically it's a small army with individually tough targets. The general plan is if they make it to the enemy, the enemy loses. That's exactly what happened too. Lots of my army, around half, got shot down and killed with various weapons, but once they got to close range it was a massacre. My mate's Imperial Guard dropped like flies, even with some interesting methods to bypass their usual weakness of bad armour. I used an incredibly basic Lord, and he still ripped apart a few squads which was pure entertainment in itself. I only had the one game though, as I spent the time talking to my other friends there, and one of them in particular. She's my age, though a year lower than me in education since I'm quite young for my year anyway, and my birthday is in July. I've now known her for a while, and I've noticed each week she's catching my eye one hell of a lot more. So as such I just really spent my time talking with her for the most part, and it was a really enjoyable evening. I also mentioned we could get together for a day out in the holidays and she seemed enthusiastic about that, so I'm hoping that'll go well. Once back home it was back to the anime, but I only had 4 episodes of Planetes to watch. They were good, but it's a bit of a downer to only have 4. Oh well. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home