Saturday, March 25, 2006

Up to speed.

I got some more fresh air today. I needed to get up early, since I had a bunch of stuff to do on my computer, namely organise my torrents and downloads. Yesterday the IRC send of the Melody of Oblivion episodes was stopped as my internet failed randomly. That annoyed me, but when I woke up this morning my friend had kindly resent, and luckily it resumed from where it had got to. As such they finally finished, only 5 or so hours later than expected. After I organised everything I was off, leaving the house at 12.25pm since I'd arranged to meet up with a friend in Crawley for 2pm. We ended up having a fair amount of pizza in Pizza Hut before going to see V for Vendetta. Though I'd already seen it, he hadn't. It was certainly something to do during the day, and afterwards on the way home we actually had 3 games of Magic the Gathering since he'd brought all his decks and wanted to test a black and red one, which did a surprising amount of annoying direct damage. Once we'd parted ways I spent the rest of my train travel time playing a game I'd bought before he turned up - Armoured Core: Formula Front. The mere fact it has cool looking mecha fights meant I bought it almost on impulse rather than anything else, and it indeed looks nifty. It does however have a ridiculously large amount of menus to navigate, so it looks like it'll take some time before I'm used to it.

I managed to get home at around 7.30pm, so it was straight to the anime since I had 11 episodes of Melody of Oblivion to watch. I got through all of those and it definitely confirmed the impression I got of it. It's very strange indeed. Enjoyable to watch, yet it has that odd 'Eh?' quality. It's nowhere near as involved as Neon Genesis Evangelion or even FLCL, but it makes me wonder all the same. After that I watched the Fate Stay Night update. Saber and Rider duked it out. A very nifty episode indeed, and I'm already looking forward to the next one which will be a week from today. Other than that however I've not watched anything else, and in fact the moment I finished I started writing this, so there's not much else to talk about. My conviction to get a new Northbridge fan is rising every day, as today it's been particularly loud, noisy, annoying and downright awkward. I have no idea if anything will fry itself, but I'd rather not have that happen really. It's most inconvenient, and the worry it's placing on me is irritating to say the least. If my computer was to fail again, so soon after getting it, I would be most unhappy. Most unhappy indeed. I'm loathe to end my post on such a pessimistic point, but unfortunately I've not much else to mention. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home