Monday, April 10, 2006

Breaking the record.

Y'know my previous anime record was 52 episodes in two days? Well now that's broken. Lots of anime rushed in, heh. 24 episodes of Ai Yori Aoshi, 13 of Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi, 3 of Daphne in the Brilliant Blue. 4 of Karin, the single episode updates for Shinigami no Ballad, Rec, Zegapain, Fate Stay Night and Aria the Natural. There's also the 4 episodes of Starship Operators. All in all, that makes 53. I only broke it by 1, but it's a new record none the less. Looks like in future I'll have to do my best to watch even more, or simply just have an anime-watching weekend, if I want to break the record again. As for what actually happened today, I had a nice rest till 1pm, then I hauled myself out of bed to go down into Eastbourne. There wasn't any big reason, and I only went down to buy a few more burnable DVD's since I'd used up my stash on all the anime I'd watched. Whilst down there I went into Games Workshop and met one of my mates. He had a few games against other people, and unfortunately lost them all. I guess it wasn't his day. After that I decided to come home, and appropriately celebrate the ability to burn more anime by watching even more.

I finally managed to finish up Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, going through the remaining 13 episodes. Though the series as a whole wasn't overly amazing, the ending was really good, and the lest 6 episodes had my attention like most of the other anime I watch. So I guess it was worth watching afterall. I managed to finish Starship Operators too, watching those 7 episodes in a row pretty much after Daphne. Again it was a great ending, and I definitely understood what several people on IRC said. It was a fitting ending to a great series. Apart from those two however all I've watched are new series first episodes. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was definitely strange, but funny at the same time. The episode started out with a club project video, and the character's acting was suitably bad. The last 5 minutes of the episode really made it, so I'll be following the series. I also got around to xxxHOLiC, Disgaea and High School Girls. The first was good like the previous movie, and certainly explained a lot, the second wasn't quite the animation style I go for, yet I'll keep watching it because the stuff it's based on is popular so it may develop some substance, and the last is ecchi. Very ecchi, to an extent I didn't expect. As such I'll definitely keep watching it, since it was funny in that usual ecchi way. Before I go to bed I'll also be watching the next 2 episodes of Karin, and I'm planning to watch the first episodes of the series Air Gear, Kiba and Utawareumono once they're done. This new anime season is going very well indeed. So then, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home