Thursday, April 06, 2006

Lots of pizza.

It was an early morning today since I was meeting up with a friend, and so I left the house at around 11.40am to get to Games Workshop early enough. Since I managed to arrive there by 11.50am, and they don't open till midday, I was prepared to wait around outside. However since I'm a regular there I was let in early by the manager, and hung out whilst we had a conversation about the Black Library novels. Apparantly 'The Horus Rising' is quite good, so I'll probably read it later. Instead of just the one mate turning up, 2 did, so all three of us walked to Pizza Hut and decided to have the pizza buffet, as much pizza as we could eat for a moderately cheap price. Between the three of us I think we managed around 2 and a half large pizzas, as well as the customary garlic bread. It was quite a fun time out, and the sheer bredth of weird stuff we spoke about pretty much followed the normal genres of our usualy conversation. Basically it was about anime and manga, though not any that would be suitable for children. There was also talk of genocide, aspect ratios, random games, weird TV, and other assorted strange topics. Entertaining, heh. After that I went back to Games Workshop with one of the two and we both borrowed store models for a quick game of Warhammer 40,000. I only had 11 men, against 19 men and 4 vehicles. Well, dang. Thankfully I got first turn and put 3 of the vehicles out of the game, whereupon half my army was gunned down. That was a bit unlucky, but with the few remaining men I had I managed to completely obliterate my friend's borrowed army, and in the end he had just 3 immobilised vehicles without guns, whereas I had 5 men left and the right guns left to blow those mini tanks to smithereens. It was one of the funniest games I've played in terms of being outnumbered and winning.

Anime dominated my viewing schedule once I got home, which was fair enough. I've so far watched 5 episodes of Binchou-tan and 5 episodes of Kannazuki no Miko. Binchou-tan is generally quite a 'cutesy' series, though since the episodes are only 13 or so minutes long it's very watchable inbetween other shows. As for Kannazuki, well... theres the general plot of two girls who like eachother a lot, another boy who likes one of them, and big fighting mechas. It's a pretty damn good series, heh. I saw the first episode late yesterday and already I have the 7th to watch. Before I go to bed the whole 12 will be done, so I'll most likely watch them all, as tomorrow I'm heading to Games Workshop once more for midday, to start playing in the Easter break campaign. It's a short one, so I assume all the victories will have quite an impact. As such I'm going to use my 'good guy' army, even if it's actually my evil army in disguise. The ability to write army backgrounds and histories is one that shouldn't be overlooked, as it allows me to use Chaos as Imperial. Not many people suspect it till my army open up hell, or uses something they wouldn't assume was connected with it. Anyway, more anime beckons and soon I'll have Binchou-tan 06 to watch. There's only 7 in total so far, so I may even finish what's been aired of that series tonight too. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home