Sunday, April 09, 2006

Workage.

Again a relatively early morning to get to work at 10am. It was much of the same as yesterday, with even fewer problems, naturally. Though the store supposedly closed at 4pm, customers were still around till 415pm, and apparantly closing up is one of the main problems the store has on a sunday. That's probably why my hours go on till 4.30pm, just in case. At any rate when I finally got home my mum turned up. She'd decided to pop round to chat with my step mum, go shopping, get some clothing altered, etc etc. I didn't see much of her though since I decided to watch anime instead. Slightly cold maybe, but anime is just... well.... anime. It wins. Plus I see my mum every now and then anyway, and she hadn't come down to specifically see me. We did get into a huge debate about my personality though, and since I'm linguistically better than her in an argument I won. She gave up after 40 minutes since she was getting confused. It's always funny when that happens. Long words can faze her, heh. After that it was pretty much back to the anime really, since I didn't feel like doing much else. I also did the customary updating of the Soul Society forum as per every day, but lately it's been slowing down. Though this means less work, it does make me slightly wonder as to where everyone's gone.

Onto my usual topic, anime, I managed to finish 2 series. I finished watching Ai Yori Aoshi yesterday after my post, and today I watched all 13 episodes of Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi in a row. Plus I watched the first 4 episodes of Starship Operators, and the first episodes of Zegapain and Aria the Natural, the sequel to Aria the Animation which I watched reasonably recently. Enishi was a nice series. It didn't have as much an emotional impact as the first series, but rather acted like 12 miniature stories that were vaguely linked together, moreso at the end. It was basically nice just seeing the 'what happened after' sequence, and how life went on for all of them. Starship Operators is, without question, compelling. Considering I've already seen over a quarter of the series, I'm suitably gripped into what's happening. Politics in anime, not unusual, but still quite hard to pull off without it seeming completely stupid. It's managed well here. Zegapain looks interesting, in that it had mecha, good CG, and doesn't seem overly simple. As such I'll keep watching it. As for Aria, well it seems to just follow on from the previous series in the same 'single episode story' way it manages well. It was a bit of a strange story this time, but it's still Aria and so I'll watch it. That makes 19 episodes. Coupled with yesterday's 32, that's 51 in two days. Almost at my record of 52 for that time period. I don't feel like breaking it, so I'll have a break for now. Tomorrow I'll most likely finish Starship Operators, finish Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, and download more Karin to watch. Since I saw a nice gif of a series called The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I've decided to get the recently released first episode of that too. Quite a lot to watch really. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home