Friday, April 07, 2006

Zombie legion.

Again it was an early morning for me, and I ended up at Games Workshop once more. I prepared a normal Imperial army and fought the Tau, a technologically advanced race with lots of guns. Dear lord, lots of guns. I managed to win the game since I chose my targets carefully and got rid of squad after squad, reducing what could shoot back. My friend instead targetted everything I had, and as such though everything took some casualties, nothing fully died apart from a single squad. Not too bad really. The second game I played involved my rubbish Plague Zombie army once more. I was up against Grey Knights, who are essentially Daemon hunters who kill the bad guys. Even so, my zombies trounced them. Though they had better guns, better armour and better stats, sheer weight of numbers dragged them down one by one. It was beautiful to watch, heheheh. Afterwards my mate couldn't believe he'd lost to such a rubbish army. I have barely any guns in it at all. Those were the only two games I played today, since I spent the rest of my time wandering around Eastbourne, most notably the Game store and a few book stores. It wasn't overly eventful, but winning with zombies still entertains me regardless if there's not much to do. I ended up getting home by 5.30pm, and as per usual moved onto what I usually watch in the evenings.

Anime. I managed to watch the Eureka Seven update, the first episode of Strawberry Panic since it was released, and 7 episodes of Daphne in the Brilliant Blue. Eureka Seven continues to be a good show for me, snce Holland is now actually being mature and sensible. It's a good change for him. Strawberry panic was certainly interesting. About a new transfer student who goes to 1 of 3 all-girl schools situated close together, it's definitely not genre breaking. ll the same however it was still nice to watch, and the way it went left some heavy hints about what'd happen next. As for daphne in the Brilliant Blue, well. It doesn't really have anything going for it at all. It seems to be a pretty bog standard normal anime, and I can't quite get overly excited about it. I'm mostly watching it through a lack of anything else to watch when I get around to it. Hopefully what the other people I know have said about it, i.e. it gets better near the end, will be true. As for now though I have the 22nd episode of Solty Rei to watch, then I'll probably have a long relaxing bath. Tomorrow I have work starting at 10am, so it'll probably be good to tone down and relax tonight, since tomorrow I'll have 8 hours talking to customers and maintaining a smile. Right... So then, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home