Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Till joy.

Checckouts beckoned this morning. Or rather this afternoon, since I didn't need to be at work till 2pm. For the morning I just decided to rest in bed, appreciating the warmth. It was quite comfortable. At any rate when I did get to work I hung around till 2.20pm, then actively went to try and find someone, since no one had turned up to talk with me about the train8ing. Another 5 minutes later and I was on my way. The lady who explained everything (in a total of 30 minutes) had to leave 6 times during the 'training', one period of which lasted 5 minutes. Yes, the explanation was quite rushed to say the least. After that I was paired up with someone and actually chatted to customers and such as I scanned the items, charged the price total, etc. I only screwed up once, because the divider between two different people's shopping was buried under a pile of small boxes, so I accidentally scanned a few items of the wrong shopping. The poor guy had to to customer service to make sure he hadn't been overcharged. Whoops. One other couple said that the service I gave was the best they'd had, and they seemed serious too. That was quite flattering. In the end I learnt all the basics, though the notion of gift cards and phone cards still seems strange, since the tills don't seem to work with them that well. Since I start on Saturday, I just hope I won't have to deal with too many. If in doubt, press the 'help' button.

I got home at about 6.20pm and decided to watch the Kashimashi and Bleach updates. Though the Bleach update was supposedly rumoured to be 2 hours long, it was only the equivalent of one hour. Slightly disappointing, and the fillers are still going on, but that's not too bad. I'm sure even the fillers would be better if depicted in manga form. Kashimashi certainly got a lot more dramatic for a while, though it looks like most the problems and mistrust were sorted out. Now it really all depends on Hazumu making a choice. Since she's naturally indecisive it'll be interesting to see how she does it. Not much anime passed by my eyes other than those, though I did watch the first 3 episodes of Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, and I have a 4th to watch tonight should I wish. It seems like a fair enough series, but isn't the most gripping of shows. Whereas other anime tends to reel me in straight away, Daphne didn't quite have that effect. The main reason I'll most likely watch the rest of the series is that my IRC friend said he'd send me the rest, which is a lot faster than my usual torrent speed. I'm currently downloading Kannazuki, and I've started getting the (so far) 7 subbed episodes of Binchou-tan. With Mai Otome finished, Rec, Kashimashi and Shinigami no Ballad all a single episode away from the end, as well as the immanent release of the remaining 4 Solty Rei episodes in short order, it looks like I'll have to do yet more anime series searching. Starship Operators will probably take a back seat, since each episode is over 300MB in size compared to the usual 170MB. As such it's not priority at all. Ah well. The anime news just keeps changing and twisting, heh. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home