Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Second induction.

The induction went quite well today. It was generally about policies, talking through the handbook, signing yet more forms, watching a ridiculous amount of video clips, and a lot of lunch breaks. There was also the uniform which everyone was given, and I'm sure I'll look excellent in black and lime green. Yeah... At any rate the day wasn't too bad and it was entirely bearable since I mostly chatted with everyone. The day passed pleasantly enough, and I managed to submit the two holiday forms, one for my break during the end of July and beginning of August, and the other for 2 days near the end of June for my mum's wedding. It seems to be all ahead full now, and I also probably should start some revision in a day or two. Not only that but I'm going out to meet up with a mate on thursday, so it seems my social life is getting vaguely chaotic once more. At any rate, back to a generalised narrative, after the induction day I went straight to Games Workshop and had a game of Warhammer 40,000. I tested a 1,000 point army consisting of 90 plague zombies and a Chaos Lieutentant. Though I expected to lose horribly, since zombies are a bit rubbish, I only lost 24 models and annihilated the enemy army. This had me in, firstly, a) disbelief and, secondly, b) jubilation. I've not laughed so much for ages, it was quite uplifting.

Once home I moved on to, yes, you've guessed correctly, more anime. I finished watching the Rozen Maiden Traumend series. I see Rozen Maiden and Rozen Maiden Traumend not as two series, but rather as one normal-sized one since the stories flow on so closely and it didn't seem like there was any break. However the overall ending seemed a bit empty, and though there was some closure I couldn't help but wonder 'What next...?' Unfortunately since there doesn't seem to be any plans for a third series, and as I've not read any manga it may be based on, I have no clue. To keep the anime buzz going however I do have the last episode of Mai Otome to watch after this post, as well as the next episode of Ergo Proxy. Also I currently have the Rec penultimate episode currently downloading, and also the penultimate episode of Kashimashi waiting for Rec to finish. So all in all there's a fair amount of updates. I'll probably end up watching Kashimashi tomorrow morning, and I'm already looking forward to seeing how the dramatic and crumbling love triangle works out regardless of the mistrust that's now filtering through it. Rec will probably have a happy ending, since it seems like a generally uplifting series, so I can pretty much expect what'll be in episode 8. Even still it'll be nice to watch, predictable or not. Since updates beckon, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home