Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Catching up.

Well today went averagely well. Law was easily [passable as it was mainly revision, and in sociology I spent most of the lesson idely listening in as I drew one of my cartoon characters, The Certifiably Honoured and Verified Reaper, also known as The C.H.A.V. Reaper. You may need to be English to get the joke, but I find it funny so that's all well and good, heh. After that it was off to work, and the associated hassle of changing hliday times. By the time I got the forms my manager had left, but I'd at least cancelled the now pointless 2 days of holiday I had booked. Unfortunately I still have the issue of emergency tax on my first paycheck since I didn't see anyone from Personel, so couldn't get a p46 form to sort it all out. Bleh for hassle and forms. Work itself was fine. The store was averagely quiet by general standards, i.e. dead by ASDA standards, until around 7pm where more people suddenly turned up. Before that there was a constant stream of customers, but no queues. Kinda strange for a large supermarket, and several of the other staff remarked that so far the whole week had been unusually quiet. Oh well, I didn't have to work as hard, so that suits me fine. Unfortunately the last 2 hours seemed to go quite slowly, so it was mildly inconvenient getting through them.

Once I got home I had the joy of a sociology mock exam question. Thankfully it was only for 20 marks, therefore only took 20 minutes. With any luck I'll do well. Since that ate up some of my home time I went straight onto anime, and was deeply disappointed to notice that the Boogiepop series had stopped at an overall 75% Due to lack of seeders. Even now it's idling at 77.8%. Every now and then a seeder randomly shows up and helps out with a rubbish upload before disappearing again. Well, curses. It may be some time before I get that series then. I also caved in to curiosity and downloaded the current releases of Black Lagoon and Ray the Animation. They were quite good, especially Black Lagoon which made me laugh. Hostages, talk of nuclear weapons, torpedos hitting a helicopter and a massive shootout all in the first two episodes. Niiice. Ray certainly had an interesting plot, what with the whole 'able to see anything' eyes. They're like X-ray spectacles, but used to help in surgery. There was only 2 episodes of Black Lagoon and 3 of Ray, which was unfortunate. I also saw the updates for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Zegapain and Kagihime, so in all 8 episodes. Not exactly fantastic, but oh well. Since I have a law mock exam tomorrow (there's an irritating amount of them now...) I suppose I should get some rest. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home