Monday, April 24, 2006

Encephalisation quotient.

I merely named the post such because it sounds cool, and because I remember it from an anime. I can't quite remember for the life of me which anime exactly, only that it definitely comes from one. So anyway, on to the post. College wasn't too bad really, and the only notable aspect was the tutor period. Instead of being 11.25am to midday, it lasted till 12.20pm in order for lots of questionnaires to be filled in. There was one for each teacher I had, 7 in total, as well as an end of year one. It was pretty tedious, but thankfully the process itself was quick. I also got my exam timetable, and it screwed me. I now can't go to my mum's wedding in California as I have 2 exams past the flight date, so I have to canel that trip. There's also 2 exams which overlap my working hours, so I need to go to work and cancel the holiday I'd requested for the weedend of the wedding, and change it to the two wednesdays instead. So there's no increase in how much holiday I have, but it's damn inconvenient overall as I need to explain to my boss without annoying them for all the hassle. I'm banking on the reason being exams as a method to placate them and achieve my goal. I also totaled up how many hours of exam for all my subjects combined. 13. Huh, my lucky number (seriously). Such a pity I don't counts exams as overly lucky.

After college I popped down to Games Workshop to say hi, since I needed to buy yet more DVD's from Poundland as I'd run out, again. The new Vostroyan Guard look... damn good. I want an army of them, but since they're metal it's hideously expensive. I'll probably sneak-buy a box and incorporate them into another army. That way I get the fun of painting the models, have a cool army, and it's comparatively less expensive. If only they were plastic, they'd be a lot cheaper. Oh well. When I got the DVD's I also bought a DVD case-thing that holds 48, since I'm running out of space for DVD's in cases. Or to be more precise, I completely ran out of space. Bah. It'll most likely take quite a bit of time writing the labels for 48 discs then organising them. On the plus side it's something to do till I download more anime.

The actual anime I watched today was more than yesterday, which is always nifty. I finished the last 9 episodes of Haibane Renmai and saw the updates to Ah! My Goddess season 2, Kiba, High School Girls and Strawberry Panic. Haibane had a really nice ending. It finished up some of the questions but left a few important ones unanswered. However it really felt like there was enough closure whilst allowing for thoughts on the future. The very last thing shown suggested a continuation on how everything would be, so it left a heartwarming feeling. A!MG was as endearing as ever, since Keichi managed to do something right, and Belldandy was content with him already, so it was something extra she really appreciated. As for Kiba, damn. I want the 5th episode now, jesus. What was shown of the fights was entertaining, and the next episode looks like it's going to be the final for 'The Joust', something which confers the honour of Joust Champion status, as well as some apparantly nifty items. Zed probably won't win, since though he's the main character it's still early on, but if he manages to summon the creature inside him, then the opponent is going to lose so badly, heh. The episode of High School Girls toned down the fanservice a hell of a lot compared to the previous episodes, so that was all good. Last but not least, Strawberry Panic continued the shoujo-ai plot quite well, and depicted Etoile-sama as either having some compassion, or merely being a sucker for a cute face. I'm not entirely sure which one yet. So as that brings it to a close, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home