Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Yet more updates.

Not much really went on today, since it was a relatively short college day then straight on to work. I accidentally went to my law lesson 20 minutes late, since I forgot that wednesday has a different time table, and that break was from 11.05am till 11.25am, not 10am to 10.20am. As it was, lessons started at 10am. Whoops. Oh well, I didn't miss much, and I finished the sheet before a few people who started before me anyway. Sociology was better, since the topic of research methods is easy, so I spent most of the lesson drawing a generic person one one of the scribble-boards they occasionally hand out in class. That was good enough to eat up some time. As for my free time, I spent it playing Magic the Gathering. My decks are gradually improving as I change cards within them, and now my Orzhov deck is a leeching powerhouse, my Golgari deck, with all Golgari removed, in a regenerating anti-flying monster, and my Rat deck (red and black) is shaping up to be a massive discard deck. Unfairness of the day went to my Golgari deck though, since with a combo of 'sacrifice create for ability' and 'regenerate creature' I managed to remove 23 cards from the game in the opponents deck. That's god damn good considering they only have 60 overall. My mate simply wasn't able to do anything, it was great.

Work passed smoothly enough, and afterwards I came home to my anime. However I didn't have as much drive as usual for watching it, so since I've been in I've only watched - the last 2 episodes of Mahoromatic and the funny Summer Special, the updates for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Zegapain, Disgaea, High School Girls, and the first episode of Magical Pokan. High School Girls vaguely worried me, because if they did anything at all to the level of fan service, they raised it. Oh dear... Magical Pokan was just... stupid, in a slightly cute endearing way. I'll probably follow it just for the characters rather than odd plot. Zegapain and Melancholy were both excellent, and I now really want to see how they pan out, especially after the supposed revelation in Melancholy. The ending of Mahoromatic was quite bad however. The last episode jumped ahead 20 years, and they didn't fully explain Mahoro's circumstances, or how the hell she came back from the dead. From what was said, it was apparently a collection of memories. Shaped like Mahoro... and real.... right. I'm therefore not really going to heed the last episode, even if it is a happy ending, because it seems completely absurd when viewed with the series as a whole. At least the Summer Special was pretty funny. Alas, they'll never be able to hide it. As of yet I've not watched the 3 episodes of Texhnolyze that have downloaded so far, and I also have the updates for Aria the Natural and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. I want Higurashi a lot, since it's the murder mystery which is simply appealing. There's also the first 7 volumes of the Air Gear manga to gain, and I still need to get the rest of the Kashimashi manga since I only have the first volume so far. All in all therefore, I have a lot to do. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home