Sunday, April 16, 2006

Tedium.

Ok, so it was Easter Sunday today. That means I didn't have to go into work, I could have had the day off. However one of the important reasons I got the job for was money. Like hell I'm going to take an optional day off when I don't really have anything else to do. As such, I went into work. By midday I wished I hadn't. Since the store was closed, I had a ridiculous amount of small inane jobs to do, some of which were really simple, but took freaking ages. One of these was removing little signs and strips from each shelf for one aisle. Not much really. Dear heavens, it took ages since the price labels had to stay in the same place, yet the backing strips often caught them and pulled them out. Curses. There was also the matter of transporting stock all over the place in aggravating metal cages. The damn things are worse than a trolley to steer, and with the amount of stock in them are liable to veer eratically into a shelf if you go above 'steal' pace. So yeah, walking them along wasn't that fun. On top of all that I had to groom the whole store for stock that wasn't in the right place, collect it all, then sort it into departments so they could be easily returned. That too wasn't a difficult job. However the sheer amount of misplaced stuff was insane. Not. Enjoyable.

Thankfully the working day ended and I was able to get home, although sporting a massive headache which still hasn't gone away. In a bit to cure it I drank a lot of water and watched more anime. Well, I didn't have any paracetamol handy. Princess Mononoke was really good, and the animation was superb. Not bad for a comparatively old anime. It didn't have an CG at all in it, obviously, so it really did evoke the whole traditional anime feel. Though it didn't emphasize gore, it was quite graphic in a few respects. Decapitation for example. I also managed to watch the first 6 episodes of Mahoromatic, and so far it's been an interesting series. Mahoro herself is a nice person, yet relies on her android skills like crazy. So much for being a normal maid. In 25 minutes I'll have the remaining 6 episodes and 2 specials to watch too, so that should while away my evening. After that I'll most likely start downloading the second series, as well as the Kiba update and the first episode release of a new series called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. It's based on a murder mystery game, so with luck it'll be quite involved and have a decent amount of twists. Then I can bust out my Jonathan Creek knowledge to try and work it out. Tomorrow is bound to be a great day too, since not only will it mark my 200th post (doesn't time fly...) but also my date. It's something I've understandably anticipated all week, heh. So, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home