Friday, April 21, 2006

A fistful of anime.

Today was a long day. The starting lessons were fine, but the 3 and a half hour free was, as always, a period of the day in which time seems to keep going without actually getting anywhere. I played so many games of Magic the Gathering it was insane. The good thing was that I won all bar one, and not just with my own decks. For variety I borrowed a few of my mate's decks, most notably a water 'Counter' deck. It's a powerhouse of mana and ridiculously evil cards, since there's only 45 in the deck rather than the usual 60. There's a danger of running out of cards to draw and therefore losing, but by then the opponent should be long dead. After that I had the joy of another sociology mock exam. or last thing on a friday that's just cruel. Since I leave lessons at the end of the day 5 minutes early to catch a train, and since the exam was going to overrun and finish at 4.15pm instead of 4pm, I had to do the 1 hour and 14 minut exam in 55 minutes. That wasn't really fun, but I still finished in 50. In all likelihood I'll do 'passably' at best, since did no revision and didn't take much time with it. Oh well. After college it was straight to the Medical Centre in Polegate to get a shot for Hepatitis A and Typhoid, since I'll be going to the Philipines in July. My, that injection was fun. Meh.

When I finally got home to relax, I started watching anime straight away. I finished the last 9 episodes of Loveless, another 4 episodes of Texhnolyze, and the updates for Karin and Ouran High School Host Club. I wasn't overly keen on Loveless, since it didn't have an ending per se, it left loads of the main character's questions completely unanswered, and seemed to have an outlook shift for Yumiko, who seemed to go from liking Loveless to liking the other guy who hangs out with them, who also likes her. The shift was sudden, and in one episode. hough it wasn't much, she invited him into her house and was friendly, whereas usually she didn't notice him. How odd. Since it had many shounen-ai moments no doubt my girlfriend will like it, though the ending, or lack of one, may annoy her. Texhnolyze is good, in a slightly slow-paced way. Though there's violence, the plot seems to move along relatively slowly and with a large emphasis on long quiet dramatic moments. Several of the episodes I've seen so far don't have much talking in them. At all. I guess it cuts down on needing to read subtitles. The Karin update pulled the sympathy vote for both Karin and Usui. The next episode title, mentioning 'Goodbye' continues the trend, but now I really am wondering how they'll change it around for the ending. Probably a double confession. Ouran was just as flamboyant as before, so no changes there. I'm still in the process of getting the updates for School Rumble second season and Air Gear, not to mention I'm still downloading Texhnolyze and I've started getting Haibane Renamai, a recommended series. Looks like I've still got a lot to watch. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home