Thursday, April 20, 2006

More scribbling.

College was again marginally tedious. The customary few games of magic the gathering were played and I didn't do too badly, winning and losing a game each. Sociology wasn't too bad either, since I zoned out for the most part and drew a random zombie person to alleviate the tedium. I know it's bad for me to find college inanely boring now and then, but I suppose it's just one of those things that tends to happen every now and then. Thankfully I still do the work since I can force myself to go through a lesson. It just isn't that enjoyable. After college itself I decided to get some rest, and instead of watching anime straight away I effectively went to bed for a few hours just to get rid of a headache and rest my eyes. Since it was a bright day, and since my eyes are sensitive to bright light, it'd been quite painful and had started the headache. Le sigh. After that it was the usual forum, webcomic and anime torrents rounds, then onto the anime itself. There weren't many updates for today, and the only notable one was Ouran High School Host Club. Since I'd chatted with my girlfriend on MSN about anime, something she likes too though not as fanatically as me, I'd offered to download the Loveless series for her, since she likes the whole catboy thing, as well as shounen-ai. For those of you who don't know what shounen-ai is, it's basically male with male romantic relationships.

When it came around to actually watching the anime, I got through another 6 episodes of Texnolyze, a Fullmetal Alchemist OVA from the DVD, and now actually subbed, and the first 3 episodes of Loveless since I figured I may as well watch anime I download. Texhnolyze has a damn cool opening theme, and the anime itself is dark and gritty. All in all a good series. Fullmetal Alchemist was of course good as per usual. Loveless seemed to have a slightly rushed beginning. This was probably because it was supposed to depict how Loveless himself was thrust into the situation before having it explained, but it actually wasn't explained till episode 3. That didn't make for a promising start personally, but I figure my girlfriend will like it because the shounen-ai is quite strong. It's not what I usually watch, but the magical fights look promising. Also it was funny to see two fighters get defeated since they were effectively mobbed by butterflies. That's got to hurt the professional pride. Several of the background characters already look supremely annoying however. Due to fast download speeds I'll be able to watch a few more episodes of Texhnolyze tomorrow, as well as the Ouran update and the remaining 9 episodes of Loveless since it's going supremely fast. It certainly makes for a speedy delivery. So then, since that's all the news, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home