Sunday, April 23, 2006

Quality time.

I didn't mind work today at all, and in fact breezed through it. Since it was St. Geaorge's Day all the staff got asked to wear either an English flag wig, or a small english flag paper crown. I elected wig, and was one of only 4 to do so. Still, wearing it rocked and made all the customers smile and chat to me about it, so it worked. In the first 35 minutes of the day I only had 6 customers, so the morning was difinitely quiet. After that I did some computer modules and passed them all, finally finishing up all 4 levels. Then it was back to the tills, helping out with everyone else by filling their lunch break for them. After that I basically did odd jobs till 4.30pm, and that was that. The thought of seeing my girlfriend kept me bouncing through the day, and I have to admit I was really excited to see her. I'm not sure if that's a bit embarrassing or what, but it was a nice feeling. When I did see her she laughed at the wig, which was what I intended, and she liked the free balloon I'd gained. Balloons work, heh. Once I got to her place we watched some anime as I'd leant her a few series, then her family and I played Monopoly. Though I ended up with lots of property, I nearly went bankrupt twice. Not good really. Then it was more anime, and time to part. During the anime I became a very happy cushion for my girlfriend. It was great. (Insert happy smile here.)

Once I did get home I realised I had a fair amount of anime to watch. I managed to get through another 2 episodes of Haibane Renmei (not Renamei as I previously thought) as well as the xxxHOLiC and Utawareumono updates. Not too bad considering the time. Utawareumono continues to rate well on the 'sleeper hits' chart, and will probably gain a cult following from what everyone else I know is saying. They're all following it out of interest for how it'll develop, as am I. xxxHOLiC rocked, since Watanuki is entertaining to watch. Poor guy, he overreacts so much. In Haibane Renmai it was good to see how they worked, since in the workplaces they were treated strictly, but it was obvious their employers really liked them. From the looks of things the rules are strict, but the people are protective of the haibane anyway. It's nice to see. I still have the last 5 episodes of texhnolyze to watch, as well as the Straberry Panic update, plus by the time I watch those the next two episodes of haibane Renmai will be done. I'll most likely leave Haibane and Strawberry Panic till tomorrow, as when I finish Texhnolyze it'll be past 1am and I need sleep. Such a pity really, if I could adequately function without sleep with no detrimental side effects I think I'd definitely enjoy life more, heh. I'd manage more anime, gaming and work that way. Since the end of Texhnolyze most definitely beckons, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home