Saturday, April 15, 2006

Experiments.

Not much happened today, since it was a plain old working day from 10am till 6pm. The only thing of note was that, through lack of staff for the checkouts, I almost missed having a break. Working for Over 5 hours with no break would not have been nice. Hmm. Once I got back though I figured I may as well check what anime updates there were around, and lo and behold! Fate Stay Night was around, as well as the very last episode of Kashimashi, which I was looking forward to. Kashimashi had a nice ending, but the last 30 seconds of non-ending credits partially annoyed me. It seemed like Hazumu was with one of them, finally, then the one he was with said an unfinished sentence, which Hazumu repeated to the other. So it seems like he -may- have switched, or may not. The hell..? Therefore there was some closure, but not really that much of it. It in fact leaves it incredibly open for a second series which I don't think will happen. However since I don't read the manga I don't really know. I'll have to get around to starting it sometime. The Fate Stay Night episode was more coolness, though for a moment I thought it really would follow the route of the game. Instead they kept it mostly PG, which was all well and good. Next episode looks damn cool merely from the preview.

I also managed to get around to reading the manga updates for Naruto, Bleach and Gantz. I was a bit behind on Naruto and Gantz, but considering it was only by a week at most that wasn't too bad. In Bleach things are getting seriously funky, so I'm glad I chose to read the manga as well. Anime spoilers aren't overly desirable, but the manga just wins over all. Not only that, but I decided to watch the whole of Serial Experiments Lain in a row. Since it was only 13 episodes it wasn't that much really anyway. What it reminded me most of was the matrix, with a few hallucinatory drugs mixed in. In essence, it was the Neon Genesis Evangelion of the Matrix world, though without messed up mecha-things. It was worth watching since it had a reasonable amount of philosophy in it, and made me think in such a way as to break the series down. Since I'd previously studied philosophy the series didn't really give me a headache at all, as it did for the people who mentioned it to me, since I'd already gone over the concepts before. It was basically mass idealism with a false mass consciousness. Nothing too heavy really. I think the anime was just trying to point out to viewers that in essence a human is just a collection of synapses and electrical signals, with a solid base mass. Without the mass to hold them down, the signals, or relevant data, could go anywhere. As for what's next, I'm currently getting the first series of Mahoromatic since I actually remembered, as well as the Princess Mononoke movie. Since Mononoke is one of the most well known anime movies (apart from Akira) I figure I should really watch it. So, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home