Friday, April 14, 2006

Hanging out.

My day today was mostly filled with a friend, since I called her yesterday and wanted to hang out with her. I realised I hadn't really spoken to her much over the free time, and I was concerned for how she was doing. In the end we both went to Brighton, and we visited various places like Dave's Comics, and a food place that did various milkshakes. It was really nice, so I'll have to remember 'Shakeaway'. After that we went down to the Pier and had a few goes at various games, then we had a nice walk along the beach. Though it was windy and slightly cold, it was still great fun just hanging out with her. I also spotted a crashed kite, and when I untangled it the only thing wrong with it was the lack of a handle. Since my friend had never flown a kite I handed it to her, and it was nice watching her fly it. She looked really happy, and a smile really suits her. Then we moved onto watching a film, and we saw Scary Movie 4. It wasn't as good as the original, but some parts were still pretty funny. After that we made our way home, so all in all it was a really good day out with her, and I enjoyed being able to speak with her again. Once I got home I sorted everything out, since I'd bought a few more Magic the Gathering cards, and then sat down ready to proceed through another animarathon.

I managed to watch the remaning 22 episodes of School Rumble, the 2 episodes of the School Rumble OVA, and the Karin, Utawareumono and Air Gear updates. 27 episodes isn't that bad. School Rumble was enjoyable throughout, so I'm glad I decided to see it, and hopefully by tomorrow I'll have the 2 current episodes of the second season to watch. Utawareumono continued to be interesting, with a large amount of character development and bonding. Now the ties between the characters are strengthening, and it looks like the main character's fully accepted in the village now. Air Gear was as good as the previous episode, and is now one of my most anticipated series for this anime season. The Karin update also introduced a lot of drama, but considering the title for the last episode is quite happy, it's making me wonder how the series will turn around and have everything al resolved nicely. In theory I could also watch the first 3 episodes of Serial Experiments Lain, but I don't really feel like watching too much more today, so I'll leave those for tomorrow for after work. No doubt I'll need the anime then to keep me sane. Smiling at customers is all well and good, but doing it for 8 hours gets slightly... tiresome. At any rate for now I'm going to rest, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home