Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Fantasticabulous day.

The day started normal enough. It was University Open day for Sussex, specifically for the law subject, so I caught the 9.11am train and got to Sussex University itself at around 9.38am. Yep, quite exact. Good timing too, since people had to arrive between 9.30am and 10am. So all in all, good planning. The day consisted of talks, a few more talks, another couple of talks, a cold tour since it was windy and drizzling, another couple of talks, lunch, two lasts talks then home. Though it wasn't the most thrilling of expeditions, it did at least give me an insight into how the Uni worked, and what it was like to live on campus and so on and so forth. However since I'll be living at home it wasn't that useful. When I came back from the trip I went straight to Games Workshop, and played a game of Warhammer 40,000 against the mate who so far has a losing streak of 11 games against me. 11. Dang. At any rate he got the first turn, and proceeded to obliterate me. I'm serious, in turn 2 he killed over half my army, leaving only a quarter left in various states of damage. Turn 3 came. I got into combat. How whole army died. I scored a 'Massacre' victory, since all he had left was an immobile skimmer pointing the wrong way, and a tank with no guns left. I still had quarter of my army. He was speechless. That's a winning streak of 12 games then, heheheh.

What happened after however was what really, really made today fantastic, or the word I used for the title. Another of my mates there is pretty cute. She's the same age as me, though a year lower in education since I'm one of the youngest of my year. She also looks a few years younger than her actual age. At any rate, I've liked her for a while, as has the mate I have a 12 game winning streak against. I've been talking with this mate about her for a while, and he prompted me to ask her out, saying that I have more cance than him. Since he encouraged me, and since the girl in question is, to put it frankly, incredibly attractive, I did so. I expected her to say no to my invitation for a date, since I'm rubbish at wording such things, and I don't think I have that much going for me really. She seemed happy I asked. She said yes. I now have a date for easter Monday. Zomg. Just... zomg. I know it's probably me acting out of proportion, but gee damn, it was an amazing feeling. The fact that she actually looked happy was just... dang. For a few moments I was just in 'Durr?' mode, and I was quiet. Then I finally realised I hadn't actually failed, and I arranged everything. Just... wow. Happy times indeed. ^^ (Note, I will try never to use any form of emoticon in my posts ever again, but this occasion just demands it.)

Once I got home, and once the euphoria subsided to a level which allowed me to function normally, I set about watching more anime. The only real difference was that I was smiling quite a bit more beforehand. Since I didn't have much new anime to watch, I got through another 6 episodes of Karin, putting me on episode 19. 20 has been released by another group, and since I'm not one for waiting I'll get it then redownload the better group's version. The story itself is going on really well, and I'm looking forward to the ending. The title of the last episode is 'It is Embarassing to be Together Always', which is a blatant spoiler, but it was pretty obvious anyway, so that's all ok. I have the first two episodes of Kiba to watch, and the second episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. They'll be left for tomorrow, before work. I need to be up tomorrow early anyone, since someone is coming around to look at the house, since it's on the market. As such it'll be hurried room cleaning, le sigh. On the plus side, it'll be a day closer to monday, heh. Since that's pretty much all the news for now (including 'zomg' news) I'll leave it there. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home