Thursday, April 27, 2006

Factions fractions.

Today started off well enough, got worse, then immeasurably improved. The reasons for this are as follows - I woke up quite tired, but managed to get through the train journey without nodding off. Good. The beginning lessons were fine, but then I had a law mock exam question last thing. Worse. The lesson itself started out quiet, that had 15 minutes in the middle where no one bothered working and just messed around, before everyone went back to work for the last 15 or so minutes. It was quite strange. However once I got home the 'awesomeness' value inherent in the day rocketed upwards. Why? Simple, Guild Wars: Factions finally became playable. For preorder people it opened at 7.01am, though naturally I had to wait till college was over, but it simply rocks. Out of the 20 levels available I've reached level 16 and I'm already a quarter of the way to level 17, and I've not even got near a quarter of the game done yet. Looks like I'll be re-earning level 20 several times then, which means a lot of skillpoints and therefore skills I can simply buy. My character is an Assassin, one of the new classes which is obviously highly popular. I did most of the quests in a group with another 2 assassins and a monk, and everything died really, really quickly. It's amazing how the assassin's can deliver such an insane amount of damage once they reach level 12. The attribute points can then all be put into Dagger Arts and that means the relevant skills simply pwn. Not beat, or own, but pwn.

One nifty thing about the game is that now every hour it gives a reminder of how long you've played, and when it reaches 3 it recommends that a rest be taken. Of course this notion was laughable, but it was still nice to have it there since no doubt it'll ward off some law cases. All in all I managed 9 hours straight, and actually finished at around 3.10am, yet due to my post every day policy I changed the post date to match 'today'. The quests are much of the same, but some of the creatures that get slaughtered look fantastic, and the whole storyline about the plague sweeping Cantha that turns people insane and violent is so reminiscent of zombies that it just has to be amazing. Of course just because I love Guild Wars doesn't mean I'm biased at all. Oh no, not me. Since 'tomorrow' I'll be buying the actual copy of Guild Wars: Factions right after college (as today I was using the preorder key which is only valid for 10 days anyway) I'll soon have a few more nifty effects. This is because I'm getting the Collector's Edition, which comes with more artwork, music and a few things for the character too like a custom emote. It's admittedly not much in the game, but it does look hella cool. A side effect of this game however was that I didn't watch any more anime. True, I didn't have any new anime to watch, but I didn't even get around to downloading the updates since it's an online game and I despise lag. So I've only actually just started getting the Eureka Seven, Naruto, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Ergo Proxy updates. If I have spare time that the game doesn't eat tomorrow I just may watch some anime. It's either that or reach level 20, heh. Since in reality it's 3.37am I'll be off for now to get some sleep, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home