Saturday, April 29, 2006

Filling in.

Well work today was the customary blah, so I'll skip it. Once I got home I decided to watch the anime that had piled up recently before playing Guild Wars, and indeed I've only just finished watching an updates. I got through the 12 episodes of Boogiepop and the updates for Naruto, Eureka Seven, Higurashi, Karin, Strawberry Panic, Ergo Proxy and the first episode of Witchblade. (Yeah, I picked up another series...) Boogiepop was well done. It started out as a mass of individual stories which all slowly came together and were interlinked by the end. Though the premise was a bit strange, or rather 'gopd damn strange', it was still enjoyable to watch. Naruto continued on it the slow ebb of the filler arc, and I'm really hoping it'll go back to the manga soon. Eureka Seven wasn't too bad as it had Anemone in it near the end, but it was mostly a focus on how emo Eureka is becoming. Oh well, at least Holland revealed some of his past which helped tie everything together. The next update, Higurashi, confimed how insanely scary those messed up kids are. I seriously pity the main character, if I was in his shoes I'd class myself as being so royally screwed. My mini animarathon went back into 'heartwarming mode' when I watched Karin as that was quite endearing and shows the sheer determination of the characters. Strawberry Panic branches off into a side story about more characters which at least brings the surroundings to life, but I was hoping for more development in the Etoile-sama 'arc'.

With Ergo Proxy and Witchblade I was quite happy. One was overtly gothic, and one had a damn cool transformation and what seems to be a good opening for a decent plot. I can only hope Witchblade focuses on the normal life of the new Witchblade wielder rather than the fighting, as it'd just be a typical series clone otherwise. In Ergo since there was more revelations about Proxy it makes things a lot more interesting. By the time Vincent reunites with Lil something dramatic is bound to happen. Getting through 19 episodes wasn't too bad, and I would have got through more if I'd managed to get more updates. Currently I have the Fate Stay Night update downloading, and I have the second Naruto movie (subbed by Dattebayo) and the Millenium Acress movie queued, as well as the Magical Girl Pokan update and the first episodes for Love Get CHU, Good Witch of the West and Inukami. That includes another 2 new series, which'll bring those I'm following from the new season to 23. Overall therefore I'll be following to 33, though the next episode of Karin will be the last. Dang, I'm following a fair amount... Anyway, now I'm off to check up on the forums, read webcomics and answer emails before finally getting around to Guild Wars. Level 20 shall be mine! Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home