Friday, April 28, 2006

Not quite weekend.

The english language exam continued today, the second of the two lessons in which to write 1000 words of a radio script with a specific tone and audience using the source pack provided. Since I actually had the determination to write it today I went away to a quiet room and got right to it. With constant checking of notes, making more and rewriting lots of material I managed to get to 926 words. The only thing I didn't manage to write was the very ending, but the fact that I got so much more done compared to yesterday's meager wordcount shows to me at least that in the real thing I'll be able to do it. Instead of an hour I'll have 2 and a half to plan everything and write it, should I'll definitely be able to finish the real article. The rest of my day, most notably the three and a half hour free, consisted of either Magic the Gathering or lounging around. I did manage to play a few games of Super Mario on my mate's laptop as well, but that was about it. All in all therefore a slightly slow day. Sociology last thing was entertaining, since the exam I did absolutely no revision for came back, and I'd passed the A grade boundary by 2 marks. Not shabby, an adequate A with no actual work put into it. I reckon that's quite handy. If I actually do revision for the real exams I should breeze through them then (if only, heh).

When I got home it was back to Guild Wars, and the completion of a hell of a lot of quests and gaining even more. Unfortunately since I decided to stop before midnight I only got from level 16 to 19, but I did manage to use up pretty much all the gold between my 3 existing characters by buying the best armour for my assassin, though a more expensive design. Stat-wise it was the same as the cheaper version, but since it has a more distinctive look it'll help my character to stand out amidst the others. It does mean however that I really need to knuckle down and build up more gold if I want to do anything else financially in the game. None of the quests I did were bugged which was good, but my death frequency went through the roof. Once off the starting island all the enemies seem to be level 20. Every single freaking one of them, which makes things vaguely difficult to say the least. The whole feel of Factions is that it's heavily focused on the last 2 levels and denizens suited for those levels to kill and therefore actually get experience. I need over 12,500 experience to get level 20, and a single kill of a level 20 Jade Guild person gives me 17 exp. Yeah, 17. This shows that the levelling is nearly purely done by quests, since a typical quest gives between 2,000 and 3,500 exp. That's a hefty amount for what is predominantly walking around or killing a select target. Thanks to Guild Wars I also didn't manage to watch any anime at all, which means it's all saved for the weekend. With the 12 episodes of Boogiepop that are now finally done, as well as various updates, I have 17 episodes to watch. Not too shabby. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home