Sunday, May 07, 2006

Contentment.

Today was moderately fun at work, and incredibly nice after work. The day started out fair enough. I asked to be put on one of the smaller express tills since I'd not been on once before. The sheer amount of customers was insane. Oh ye gods, they came in waves. There'd be no one around, then suddenly a customer would appear and there'd be 8 people in the queue. Where the hell did they all come from? It was like that for the whole day pretty much, and the only real good thing about it was that the time flew by really fast. The afternoon passed largely without incident, bar one exception. One man bought a folding tent for £4.48. However it scanned at £5.48, so I assumed that was the price and I charged him thus. He spent ages disputing the price before paying it and going to customer services as I recommended. 2 custermers later and he was back. He pointed to the little shelf sign he'd taken down, the receipt and myself and started shouting, asking aggressively why I'd charged him another £1. I was mostly surprised by this, and a customer services manager and security guard came over and eventually led him away after his shouting got louder and his behavious threated physical action. I got moved tills after that and reassured, and 9 different members of staff asked if I was ok. A few minutes later and a colleague came to tell me he'd been banned. That was moderately funny.

After work I went round my girlfriend's house, and the both of us, along with her parents, all went for a walk along the coast. That was pretty relaxing. After that it was back to hers and I helped her sister make a really strange cake. It had spinkles and icing with an insane amount of food dye. Some of the colur is still on my hands now. Hmm. On the plus side we had noodles, as well as cheese and tomato toasties, before the cake itself. It all tasted quite nice so it was a nice evening. My girlfriend also experienced a lot of sugar which her parents don't usually allow. She gets... interesting when she's had a lot of sugar. Not quite hyperactive, but very, very giggly. Exceedingly so. After watching more anime on TV the time came for me to go home, so I parted with her knowing I'd see her again on tuesday. Not too bad then.

Once I did get home I busted out the anime. As I was feeling tired I only managed to watch watch the first 12 episodes of Honey & Clover as well as the Ouran High School Host Club update and most recent 2 episodes of Blood+. 15 episodes. Considering I'm tired I guess I've done quite well. Ouran continued to be vaguely amusing as the show is beginning to grow on me, and it depicted the twins as incredibly evil schemers. Blood+ was good as it started showing more of kai's determination, as well as Saya's newfound purpose. Honey & Clover itself has a very cute style and the story isn't bad. It's based moderately heavily on real life, so there's no powers, no fights, just averagely poor students trying to get through life. All in all it's quite an interesting series to watch. I still have the Ray the Animation, Disgaea, Higurashi, Utawareumono and Tsubasa Chronicle updates to watch. I'll probably only watch the Higurashi and Tsubasa episodes before I go to bed as I feel I really need the rest. Oh well. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home