Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Cutting it fine.

Looks like when the deadline for getting a post done everyday looms I can end up cutting it a bit fine. At any rate, news of college. In english I got the marks back on the spam exam question. The teacher stated wthat after talking with the other staff members they'd probably get B's when attempting it, but together figured a way to get an A. He talked through it, and it looked quite familiar. When we got our marks back it was out of 50, and most people got between 20 and 35. I however got 41. Hmm. 40 was needed for an A. So... I got more than the teacher figured he'd get. Now that's frikkin sweet. Practically 'Schweet' maybe. Other than that college was vaguely standard with nothing out of the ordinary happening. Games Workshop wasn't too bad either. I played a game of Inquisitor in which my Terminator faced 14 other men of various power, ranging from the grunt-level to highly powered Eldar and Inquisitors. Yeah, he died relatively quickly when I got swarmed by 7 other people in combat. That was a bit meh, but oh well. After that the Mordheim campaign had started, so I got my first game in with my undead. 2 zombies, a ghoul, a dire wolf and my necromancer got taken out, and I only killed 2 other lowly Skaven henchmen. Well, that sucked. Thankfully it was a draw as we both got 2 weirdstone shards, and only the ghoul died permenantly. Two of my heros got vaguely useful upgrades, and all my heroes got armour. Nice. I also bought back the ghoul, so that wasn't too bad.

Since I'd watched all the updates I mentioned 2 posts ago (though not sure if I previously mentioned that I'd watched them all) I made do with yet more updates. Kiba I managed yesterday after the little session, and today it was Himawari and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Not much admittedly, but I didn't feel like watching the Disgaea episodes, or the Black Lagoon and High School Girls updates, as after Games Workshop I felt pretty tired. Himawari was a nice episode. Nothing too overly dramatic, though serious enough to be interesting. Melancholy continued to rock, with the poor main character guy being treated to more and more revelations. Now all the cards are on the table I wonder how it's all going to play out. Haruhi is being portrayed as a figure of immense important, and now there's hints that she's starting to like the main male character (naturally) in her usual incredibly bossy way. With only another 4 updates to watch I caved in and decided to download another series. It's one I've seen a lot about, Samurai 7. Since it seems to be popular, reflected by the number of articles about it recently, I guess I may as well check it out. After all it looks reasonably ok and is hard subbed, so wouldn't take me that long to get through them all anyway. However that's me out of time and energy as I badly need rest. Therefore, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home