Monday, May 01, 2006

Singular bargain.

I slept in till 2pm today, and it was absolute bliss. The first day in about a month in which I could sleep in, and I damn well took the chance. When I got up I felt great, and it was simply nice to finally be able to just lay back and rest instead of hauling myself out of bed due to college or work. Not long after I got up, maybe 20 minutes, I decided to go to Games Workshop and so off I went in the hopes of getting a game in. Unfortunately I didn't manage that since all the boards were being used and no one else had Warhammer 40,000, but I at least managed to schedule a game against Harlequins for tomorrow. 1,500 points and the guy only has 26 models. Hmm, they may be a bit tough then... The bargain mentioned in the title was the Guild wars Factions guide book. I occasionally buy guide books to read since they're interesting for the most part, and when I saw it my 'Impulse Buy' circuit switched on and off I went. It was £12.99 or £7.99 when bought with the game. Now I'd pre-ordered the Collector's edition which the store didn't get so I'd had to buy it from the website. When I told them this they counted it as the £7.99 price, and when they swiped my card I had £7.50 saved up on it. So in otherwords I got a £12.99 guide book for £0.49. Now that made me grin for a fair while. What a markdown eh?

When I got home I went onto playing Guild Wars: Factions since the guide riled me up for a session, and I went on for 4 hours. Most of that was used up doing the damn annoying 'Mayhem in the Market' primary quest, since it was ridiculously hard. On the 8th try I selectively recruited a team made up of 7 other level 20 characters, refusing anyone lower. The plan worked, and with a balanced team we massacred the insane amounts of Afflicted in the way. Admittedly a few of us died, but compared to the previous tries it was absolutely nothing. After that I decided to watch the School Rumble 2nd Term and Utawarerumono updates. School Rumble was great as it was still focused on the Cultural festival, and all the poor people involved went through a fair bit. Utawarerumono became even more dramatic with an important character's death and what was effectively a small rebellion. Looks like war's afoot. When I noticed the time I quickly hastened to write this to make sure I didn't have to roll back the Blogger clock. After this I'll be watching all of the updates I mentioned yesterday whilst the Himawari, Kiba and Disgaea updates download. That's another 4. Not too bad, I may even have an episode or 2 done by the time I've finished all the current updates. So then, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home